1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

She's just riding a skateboard

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MiddleMan, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Major

Major Member

Which makes sense. The difference is that they are investigating (the appropriate reaction), while you're condemning without knowing all the facts. For all you know, the kids threatened to kill the cop before the video started.

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

in now way, given the current and recorded set of circumstances should the cop have chocked the girl. the fact that he was means I'm okay with someone trying to help her, even as an arrestable offense.

no, the bold is just random places where you've bolded and/or inserted your own comments, often as a way of saying what someone was doing, as if you knew. you're making it all up.

- kid # 1 ignores cop's command and does not turn over

you have no idea what the kid does. did he hear the cops command? did he understand it? I still don't. But when he said turn over on your belly, that was clear, and responded, to.

again, you are just throwing out random comments and bolds...not very helpful.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I agree, but that doesn't mean you assume they are in the right, far too many abuse their power.

Yeah, by arresting teens that are skateboarding on the sidewalk and choking them to the ground.

And we are not talking about the hundreds, we are talking about one guy caught on tape being excissivly violent IMO.

Glad the judge has the video evidence to show the truth in this case, instead of just riding on what the police officer says happened.

I mean having all the evidence is good, right? And if it was determined that the cop over reacted, he should be fired, right.

DD

#123 DaDakota, Jun 27, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  4. BD5

BD5 Member

Gollum put on weight.

5. WildSweet&Cool

If a judge/jury determines that he abused his power, he should should be treated appropriately, yes. Yay. We can agree on something before I go home.

6. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

7. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

The kids are a bunch of douches. Who cares.

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, buncha worthless kids. Pfftt... skateboarders... prolly ran some useful citizen over or something.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Please. I wanna move there. lol. :)

10. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

This, ladies and gentlemen, is why you don't skate in a no-skating-zone without your very own security guard.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ypvBqG_rpdM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ypvBqG_rpdM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    Fast foward one-third the way in.

11. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I have no problem with any of the cops actions in the video (except for the fact that his lame attempt at the double headlock allowed the girl to get away, you have to put them on the ground). I don't know why this needs to be repeated in every single thread about the cops, but if you follow their instructions, don't mouth off, and don't try to attack them or run away, you can avoid all of these consequences.

12. BD5

BD5 Member

all this cop talk just reminds of this 'above-the-law' genius

(warning: profanity and idiot beat down involved)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUd-6L7Jgsc

proper use of force in this case? definitely justified

13. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Probably had weed on em :D

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

F'ing skaters ~ I would disown my kids if I saw them riding one of those things. I guarantee you within three years the girl in the video will be a prostitute and the guys will be shooting heroin and snorting meth. If they're not already...

15. Summer Song Giver

Word :D

f'in skaters, the scum of the earth.

16. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Those kids were little punks. They should have beat that cop down with their skateboards and took his wallet.

17. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

I think the cop totally crossed the line.
    To me this is the equivalent of a cop breaking your car window and pulling you out of it because you didnt pull over fast enough in his eyes and were 'evading arrest!' and 'speeding on the highway!'.
    Keep in mind these are children. The video says one of them was 13. If i saw an adult stranger doing that to one of my 13 year old friends at that age i would have been terrified. Ignoring his orders??? They were probably in shock! Was chocking a frightened little girl really called for???

I cant believe this hasnt hit the main stream press!!! Its appalling.

18. Palmray

Palmray Contributing Member

:), Skaters used to tape their tricks, but this is old news :)

19. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

indeed thank god for video cameras - too bad they are now charging people w/ felony eavesdropping for videotaping cops in public, even though it is not against the law. they are probably going to try and charge them for videotaping. in a post 9/11 world you cant videotape cops (but they can tape you).

im sick of cops - they seem to be getting worse and worse. most of them are nothing more than a bunch of roided up thugs on power trips. there are good ones out there, but too many cops can absolutely not be trusted. i bet that scum felt real macho chocking a 13 year old kid.

the cop scraped his knee while tackling the kid so the kid gets charged w/ assault of a cop.

the kid who ran was only being chased by the cop b/c he said "i got a picture of him choking her". that is when the cop said "come here" and started chasing him. if he had caught the kid, chances are that photo would not have made it.

20. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

too many cops are just on power trips just for the sake of being on them.

i was walking my dog at the park and he started to pee and this bike cop rides up and says "you better pick up after your dog" and i asked "how do i pick up urine, sir" to which he yells "dont talk back to me" and rides away.

another time, i was riding my bike on 6th street. i had already ridden by at least a dozen cops standing around and had seen several other bikers, but this cop just decides to start shining his flashlite in my eyes while i am riding. i stop and asked what the problem was and his buddy starts shining his lite too - they come up to me yelling "get off your bike!". thats it, they just didnt want me riding my bike on 6th st. total needless power trip.