1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Richard Jefferson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ugly, Oct 31, 2001.

1. BayouRocket

BayouRocket Member

I agree, Finley is much better than Marion (right now). Ultimately, Marion may be better, but that is at least 2-3 years down the road. Griffin will be better than both of them.

I do hate having to give up RJ though.

2. Tmo

Tmo Member

RJ is a good kid and one of the best pure athletes in the league RIGHT NOW. Bill Walton said he was the greatest athlete ever to play in college (not that that means anything).

However, RJ does not have the motor functions/body control to handle the ball well enough for an SF. Even if he does get the shot, he will always have this weakness and it will keep him from being more than a role player.

I think TMO vs. RJ long term is a toss up.

3. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Good to see you posting again opie!

I like what I've seen of Griffin so far. He is shy as a person, but on the court, he is hustling and getting up and down the court. Tonight he didn't shoot well which can probably be attributed to nerves, but he did pull down 4 boards in just 12 minutes.

You really think Eddie will grow(skill wise) that much over the next couple of months?

Oh, don't let the man keep you down OP.

4. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Huh? RJ has the BEST body control I've seen.

That is different than pure ball handling. He's capable of doing it, it's just that he's never been asked to put the ball on the floor and be a go-to guy from the perimeter.

I think he will become a decent ballhandler over time.