1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rudy still not in regular season form

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SHANK, Nov 1, 2001.

Tags:
  1. SHANK

SHANK Contributing Member

Rudy IMO is slow, in preseason form. Walt on Miles in the 4th, leaving Griffin out of the entire 4th and OT ( 2 minutes left at this point), seems to me like he's been a little too gun shy on the rookies. He should be putting the best matchups out there, and to me Griffin would have been the call on Miles!

2. Rocket Addict

Rocket Addict Contributing Member

Walt at the 4? Boy, were we lucky - especially considering the Clippers were playing an inside game.

I think a offensive/defensive substitution was definately in order at the end of the game. On the defensive side we could have used Griffin or TMO.

My biggest concern, though, was early in the fourth. After Cato fouled out, we could have played Willis and KT together, putting Willis on Brand. Instead, we put KT on the man who was getting the ball everytime despite his 4...5...6 fouls.

3. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Is it just me or does rudy look a little different? Maybe like he had a face lift or something. He just looks a little younger to me.

4. E.J. Tucker

E.J. Tucker Contributing Member

Good points, maybe after he has been doing it a few more years he will be able to think quicker and do as good a job at seeing the mismatches as you are. Wonder how he keeps his job, when so many would be better at it.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What, 2-0 not good enough for you?

DaDakota

6. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

I just do not understand Rudy T. Thanks god I got league pass so I can see the sh*t myself. I had heard all this stuff about Walt looking fit and trim. Please! Give me a break! They should just waive him now.

Rudy must understand that our backcourt will not hold up unless he accelerates the development of Morris and Griffin.

We are surviving purely on our defense. Awesome is the word. We are all waiting for the offense. For me there is too much outside shooting. I can hear Dream saying you need balance. They have to run some low post high percentage plays. That can come from Rice, Willis, Griffin and KT.

We need to employ the concept of milking the cow. We finally got a taste of Rice and we then went away from him. In the first half KT was about the eat Brand alive and we went away from that. Milk the think man!

7. treeman

treeman Member

I think Rudy's still experimenting. S'posed to get that out of the way before the season starts, but with all the injuries... Glad he's gotten two wins while experimenting.

We've got a totally different team from last season. The Rookies are not ready yet. He might have to experiment a little more for the next few games.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Really...some people will never be happy.

9. WoodlandsBoy

WoodlandsBoy Contributing Member

Rudy T rotations are always baffling. Just get use to it and hope for the best. Walt did hit some big shots and got alot of rebounds when he was in there so I would give him a C.