1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

She's just riding a skateboard

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MiddleMan, Jun 27, 2007.

1. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

arkansas finest

http://www.thehundreds.com/wordpress/?p=1874

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EH6AYVn2yw4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EH6AYVn2yw4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

You're fired.

[​IMG]

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That cop was out of control...he should be fired immediatly.

What a joke......talk about someone who has let his working for the law go to his head.

Fire his ass....

What a disgrace..

Those kids parents are going to have a field day with that fat out of control cop, and that one kid that outran him.....fricken hilarious.

DD

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I gotta get out of this state. :(

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

something led up to that...

probably not the best move to choke the way he did, dont they have protocols to restrain someone? Im all for improvisation when needed, but i dont think he needed to there.

the girl trying to run away and getting snatched was a little comical...dont run! Then the other teen bumped up into the cop trying to get a piece.

all around one huge mess and the kids didnt make it any easier.

6. DaDakota

I watched it again, it just pisses me off.......people wonder why cops are not trusted..........

This guy got out of control, starting making up BS charges about the kids and what they were doing, and in 95% of the cases, the judge would side with him over the kids.....

Thank GOD for video cameras.........

This guy needs go back to a job he is qualified for.......flipping burgers...

DD

7. cson

cson Contributing Member

WOW just WOW

God Bless those kids :
    "I ain't goin' nowhere, I'm staying right here."
    And the one in the red shirt on the ground, re-postioning the camera !?!? Priceless

That cop just keeps listing all these charges too like he's a bingo caller "Resisting!" "Disordely Conduct!"

Keep us posted on how this plays out, if these were my kids I'd be in jail.

8. DaDakota

Maybe, or maybe it is a cop that doesn't like skateboarders.

A good police officer would have been more in control of the situation and he tried to chase the kid down that said he had a picture of him choking the kid on the ground....clearly because he didn't want that picture getting out.....

No, the kids didn't, but it looked like they didn't do anything wrong, the cop was out of control the entire time.......

Why should the kids worry, they were doing nothing wrong, it was the cop who was out of control, IMO.

We need cameras on all police officers.......to keep them in check.

DD

9. codell

codell Contributing Member

The cameras only rolled after the altercation started.

Like someone else said, will be interesting to see what led up to this.

I doubt the officer just took a kid to the ground for absolutely no reason.

He kept mentioning "city ordinance". My guess it was illegal to ride skateboards on the sidewalks, the officer asked them to leave or not skate, they refused and the rest is what you see.

10. Summer Song Giver

I used to be a punk kid who thought I was being harrased by cops, things is I acted like a punk and that's how they treated me. If you have to talk to the cops it's yes sir, no sir and never answer anything you don't have to which is your name and registration in most cases.

Some cops are asses some just don't like being disrespected by self entitled brats.

11. cson

cson Contributing Member

12. DaDakota

Did you watch the video, the one kid with the camera in the red was constantly going "Sir....sir...sir......"

The cop lost it, and should be fired.

DD

13. BD5

BD5 Member

OMFn'G

sooo poorly handled no matter what the kids did/said to provoke him

what if it were a 'real'/volatile situation - domestic violence, drug bust etc? i wouldn't want that edgy freak anywhere near the situation; running kid's lucky he didn't get plugged in the back

take away that clown's license/firearm immediately

14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

and then giving smart ass comments like "he was only skateboarding".

the cop lost control no doubt but we dont know what made him lose it. Im sure chasing the one kid running away didnt help ease him. Whether you are in the right, when dealing with cops just shut your mouth, let them do what they need to do, dont argue, etc. If you want to challenge it later, do so in court, but challenging a cop while he's on the job isnt going to get you anywhere good

moral of the story, the cop seemed to be an a-hole and the kids were punks.

15. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

"see that blow to my knee" "THAT'S BATTERY"
    "you shouldn't tackle me"
    "THAT'S DISORDERLY CONDUCT"

haha yeah right

16. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

ok hold up why would the cop chase that one kid when he was handcuffing the first kid? he was just walking away.

17. DaDakota

I know......that was ridiculous.....the cop should be fired.

18. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

This is pretty much why I don't trust police officers. Not all of them, but a lot of them abuse their power. It can be something as simple as flicking their lights on to avoid a red light or beating a potential criminal.

Yes, there probably some events that led up to that scene but did he handle it correctly? Absolutely not. The lead picture of him choking a kid them the ensuing melee show he did not handle the situation correctly. The only thing that I saw where the kids were wrong was when one of them bumped the cop and the fleeing. Why didn't the other cop there act the same if this is accordingly? The cop was wrong.

19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

WOW. Judge and Jury DaDarkone. Relax, man. :D

Two wrongs don't make a right: "just riding a skateboard" in that area is illegal due to a city ordinance. Running from a law officer is illegal in ANY jurisdiction. A police officer using extreme force is justified when they're not cooperating. STFU and listen to the officer. Let the camera roll, then use it against the police officer. These kids just want to be heroes... let them be. It cost them. The officer overreacted and the kids didn't make it better.

20. underoverup

underoverup Member

how could that cop be so mean to those kids on national skateboarding day? :(