1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eddie Griffin vs Darius Miles (this time its the big time)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by moestavern19, Oct 31, 2001.

1. LA's #1 Rocket Fan

At that time EG was considered the #1 high school player going into that game while Miles ranked #2. Needless to say Miles did not make EG look to good out there defensively. If I'm correct Miles kept taking it at EG for layups and dunks. EG is not to good defending against players that drive on him. Hopefully this time EG can avenge. As for style of play I don't think EG and Miles are similar at all. Miles is more lean and though he does play PF often he's more fluided as a SF driving in. But with Odom and Brand I don't see how he's going to get many mins, I'm sure in a year or two he's got to start somewhere on the clippers, and the clippers are just loaded at the SG as well. Right now Miles is much more skilled ball handling wise as well as offensively while I can say in my opinion that EG is more skilled defensively with rebounding and blocking. They both have about the same range from the outside and they can both get hot outside but miles is the better player at creating shots. Both have the potential to be stars but IMO miles probably will reach it first. As for style of play I'd say miles is like KG and EG is like Duncan (not to say anyone of them will turn out like those players). Just IMO.

leebigez - I agree. With Maggette, Q, and Miles backing up SF and SG that's just too many talented players to play just 10-15 mins each. In a year or two they are going to have to trade one of these guys and or Eric P.

#21 LA's #1 Rocket Fan, Oct 31, 2001
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2001
  2. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Miles is not going to be traded unless there is just a serious conflict with the coach or something, certainly not because of positional conflict. Odom and Miles are two of the most versatile players in the game in terms of positions they can play. If anything, Miles is more of a swingman. Having Odom and Miles on the court together is even less of a problem than Griffin and Taylor. Odom could even play point a la Jalen Rose if they needed room for another 3, 2. Maybe they'll have to trade a player, but I doubt it will be Miles unless his game is too limited in some fashion.

With respect to the Rockets, I hope EG can learn to protect the interior from quick, lanky plyaers like Miles, because they're the player-types of the future. I think he can, however, get them to change their shots, and might even provide formidable interior D with or as help defense.

3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Griffin has a better shot than Miles. Miles is the better ballhandler by far. I see Miles playing the 2 or 3 with Odom at the other position.