1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chronic: Sean Williams to visit Rockets tomorrow / Belinelli to visit before draft

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Jun 25, 2007.

1. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

The Rockets should ask Sean Williams these 2 questions during the interview:

1. Is Eddie Griffin your idol?

2. Have you ever masturbating in a car?

I rather have Morris Almond or Marco Belinelli.

2. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Sean Williams would be a homerun for the rockets if they could somehow get him. I think they will probably have to put a package together to move up and get him if they feel certain teams drafting ahead of them have him targeted.

3. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

You mean Eddie Griffin and drug use right? Sean follows in Eddies footsteps alright ;)

4. Phil

Phil Contributing Member

Marco Belinelli, everyone.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KyPYO0L6_6U"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KyPYO0L6_6U" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I'll be pissed if the Suns snatch him at 24 before us. Make a move, Morey!

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Fazekas or Glen Davis would be great if we can work a deal to get an early second-round pick. I also like the PG from USC (Gabe Pruitt?) I think it will be important to try and grab a second rounder this year, given how deep the draft is.

As for #26: Almond would be my pick, if he's there.

I went to BC, and like Williams, so I wouldn't be adverse to taking him 26 either; however, his lack of rebounding is a huge concern. I actually think his offense will develop faster in the NBA than his rebounding. I just don't see him being a good rebounder in the NBA (it's more of a natural skill). He'll be a premier shotblocker, a good defender, and a decent post player (eventually), but he'll always be weak on the boards. It's a risk, but at #26, probably one worth taking for a big, talented guy like him.

BTW: the eddie griffen comparisons are BS. Yeah, Williams smoked pot, but he's not a hot-head-case like Griffen. He's not dangerous and self-destructive. He's actually a bright kid.

Anyone else smoke pot in college? ;)

6. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

I meant to say lets hope Eddie does not* equal.

7. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

He is probably going to end up in Toronto with all the other Italians in the league. He looks an amazing shooter, but i wouldn't be suprised if he was a bust.

8. Laozi

Laozi Member

It looks like theres a good chance that Frazekas and McRoberts are going to be there when the Rockets make their selection. I'd be pretty put off if they got Frazekas was the pick, but really the only indication we like him is that he has nice numbers and Morey is a numbers guy.

9. egierczy

egierczy Contributing Member

It sounds like Splitter is more likely to do a Nocioni than a Vasquez, ie play for practically nothing (all the money going to an expensive buyout) in his first year just to get in the NBA.[/QUOTE]

Other guys who could slip appear to be Tiago Splitter and Rudy Fernandez. In their cases, the problems are buyout issues with their teams in Spain. Both could theoretically slip into the second round.

Splitter is an easier case to solve. He has a $1 million buyout in the summer of 2008 and his agent, Herb Rudoy, says he'll exercise it. In other words, teams will have to wait a year.

The Fernandez situation is scarier. His buyout is even higher than Splitter's and, even more problematic, it looks like he'll get offered a huge deal to stay in Spain. Given the rookie salary scale, it's very likely that Fernandez could make much more staying in Spain than he could playing in the NBA -- at least for the first three years of his deal. That could lead to a Fran Vasquez-type situation.

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=2916812&name=ford_chad

10. Rockets#1fan

Rockets#1fan Member

Anyone know what happened with the williams workout?

11. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:D :D :D :D

12. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ive had someone masturbate me in a car does that count ? :D

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

what do the kids these days say...? TMI! ;)