1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chronic: Sean Williams to visit Rockets tomorrow / Belinelli to visit before draft

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Jun 25, 2007.

1. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

1st - Williams/Belinelli
    2nd - Almond
    3rd - Use pick in trade

Those are my preferences. Been pushing Belinelli since last year, but our backcourt has come together nicely and he may or may not have minutes right away. Williams would for sure.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

SG
    Rudy Fernandez
    Marco Belinelli
    PF
    Sean Williams
    Josh McRoberts

Trade/purchase another first rounder and any combo of those two positions on draft day would be nice.

Acquiring a 2nd and taking PG Bobby Brown or Jared Jordan would be icing on the draft day cake.

3. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

Yeah Williams can't rebound. I'm gonna be pissed if we take this guy. IMO he's a risk with the drug problems and not even a good fit.

4. Barkley

Barkley Member

I think Sean would be good for us. He is athletic he can duck and of course block the shoot. He has to improve in reboundin' and he'll be fine

5. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I would love for the Rockets to pickup Sean Williams and Belinelli come Thursday. Unfortunately, it might take the Rockets to move up to pick Sean Williams and for the Rockets to either move down or pickup 2nd rounder for Belinelli.

6. The Hungarian Rocket

Guys, why do you think Almond is better than Affalo? He'd be a safe pick #26.

I'd rather get Fazekas in the 2nd round than pickink SW #26.

7. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

anyone else find it odd that Belinelli doesn't jump on his jumpshots?

will he be able to get away with that in the NBA, or will it cause a forever long shooting slump. This may cause him to work on his form and cause problems down the road. OR it may not, just depending on if he can avoid defenders like Dirk does, who also doesnt get much lift on his jumpers.

#27 eyhab27, Jun 26, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2007
  8. egierczy

egierczy Contributing Member

The rumor is Splitter has a costly buyout from his spanish team contract. His contract expires next year, so teams thinking about picking him are more than likely operating under the assumption that they're picking a guy a year away from being stateside. That said, we need someone now, not to mention the potential of an Orlando/Fran Vazquez type debacle is about as appealing as a bout of the clap.

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=2134
    It sounds like Splitter is more likely to do a Nocioni than a Vasquez, ie play for practically nothing (all the money going to an expensive buyout) in his first year just to get in the NBA.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

?? Korver and Kapono better in the break than in the half-court? As strong and deep as the 2003 draft was, I can still think of a number of teams in the first round (and second round for that matter) who would have taken Korver much earlier in retrospect.

But if you can get a Korver in the 2nd round, even better!

11. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Why would you hope that? E.G. is not the only one fooling around with his pocket rocket -- see Alan Houston.

Speaking of Eddie, he is available, in Houston and would be inexpensive. If he doesn't go to jail, he does (or did) have the skill set we need.

Sean Williams will go much earlier in the draft so I'm thinking the Rockets will pick up Nick Fazekas.

12. verse

verse Contributing Member

just sounds funny considering your handle...still, when did AH get in trouble?

how does this NOT sound off bells in your head??? you can't hear the caution alarm?

i hope you are right about williams. i don't want us having the opportunity to pick up another slacking weedhead.

sean williams = keon clark.

13. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Like Sean Williams, however, I don't like th weed habit, no jumper (Yao is clogging up the paint), and back home in Houston way too much to get into. Another Vmax waiting to happen.

I like Big Baby more because he has only 1 concern - over eating - ala his alum John "Hot Plate" Williams

14. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

My error -- it was Byron Houston:

http://grg51.typepad.com/steroid_nation/2007/06/byron_houston_e.html

Byron Houston exposed to problems

By now fans have heard of the problem Byron Houston got himself into in Oklahoma City: Arrested for indecent exposure the other night. This constitutes his fourth arrest on this charge (NewsOK.com).

13505676 Troubled former basketball star Byron Houston told police he fears he'll end up in prison because of his arrest for indecent exposure Wednesday in Oklahoma City, according to a police report released Friday.

Houston, 37, was arrested after a woman told police she saw him masturbating in his vehicle during afternoon rush hour traffic. It is the fourth time he's been arrested for indecent exposure.

He pleaded guilty to indecent exposure charges in 2003, but hasn't been charged in connection with Wednesday's arrest. Judge Ray Elliott sent Houston to treatment instead of prison for the 2003 conviction, and Houston remains on probation.

Second: Eddie had no family in Houston, and Sean Williams does. Williams already is working with John Lucas II on his weed problems -- which are not nearly as devastating as E.G.'s psychological problems. Considering the high reward, I'd take the risk at #26 (and acquire a FA power forward).

Third: I have no realistic hope that Eddie can ever cope with the psychological issues associated with the NBA. But his skill set is what we need, so wouldn't a miracle be nice?

Fourth:
    I still rate an occasional "thumbs up" and sometimes I have to live with an occasional "thumbs down." But my handle iin this regard is a non-issue, a hands-off policy if you will. :D

15. JamesC

JamesC Member

I'd be disappointed if he was our pick. His shot looks ok, but he dosent look very strong or athletic.

16. franchise?..NOT

Fazekas = another Van Horn. A 3 or weak 4. We already have a shooter to gamble on at the four from the last draft.

On Williams....If he has that much skill and his baggage is blown out of proportion then he will not be around at 26. remeber Griffin, who had #1 pick talent by all accounts then, went as a top pick. He did not slide like Williams is projected to do. If Williams has top ten upside then he will go in the the top part of the draft.

Hell there are a lot of guys in the NBA who smoke weed and play, Camby, Francis, Cassell, Marbury, Garnett, Mobley and Odom, are just a few who have looked a little red and glassy around the eyes while on the court over the years that I have seen.

17. verse

verse Contributing Member

thumbs,

i didn't realize williams was working with lukie. that is a very good sign. as for bryon houston...

:eek: :eek:

wtf?? arrested four times for the same offense? do they not have adult video megaplexes in oklahoma?

18. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Fazekas <> Van Horn
    He has all the skills of Van Horn but he is a much more active competitive guy and will work to make a difference in whatever way he can contribute. This guy is a lot more atheltic than he looks and has always been a winner where-ever he has played.

Fazekas may be a stretch at 26 but we could do a LOT worse. (Sean Williams :mad: )

19. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

Man anyone else feeling the anticipation as much as i am? i wish the draft was today!

20. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

sean williams is a risk.

i would not use tradable assets to move up in order to draft him, but if he fell into our lap at 26 it's worth a roll of the dice.

as for belineli, he could be usefull but we have novak. i'd rather novak get some minutes this year while keeping bonzi at the 2 and james at the 1.