1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

At Draft Night I see us...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree that we'll move the pick and players for one or two rotation players.

But I think we get talent coming back,probably a starter.PF must be addressed as well as overall athleticism.

#41 Plowman, Jun 25, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2007
  2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i'm going with a surprise. if CD taught morey anything it's the art of a smokescreen.

no one is dumb enough to talk about "good talent in the 40-45 range" or a "trade lined up in the 18-20 range."

either morey is showing his hand before the bets are placed or he's setting us all up!

3. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

i think we will all be suprised by the end of the night thursday...i hope suprised is a GOOD way...maybe an artest trade or some type of deal that will send a strong message to the "big 3" that houston is in this damn thing to win

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I would like to know opinions from anyone regarding the impact of possible big trades involving guys like KG,Odom,Bynum,Al Jefferson etc and teams like the Suns or Mavs moving up with multiple high draft picks being exchanged on draft day.
    How could it affect other teams and especially the Rockets.

5. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I can't wait to see the Morey surprise that doesn't include moving up or moving down or staying put.... :eek:

6. nixadi

nixadi Member

finally, it turns out that Morey gives it up...

7. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Geez forgot how poorly we have done in the draft. We haven't had many high picks and we haven't pulled the proverbial rabbit out of the hat by snagging a Paul Milsap with a second round or high first pick.

Based on our record in the draft, Moneyball has to go with the odds and trade the pick. Don't look for #26 and one of our scrubs to land you Rashard Lewis or Ron Artest The Wizards must be looking to trade one of therr odd couple PF/C Etan Thomas or Brendan Haywood, i would bet it would be a player like one of them.

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

I get the feeling Morey's going to package Head+Sura and the 26th pick for a PF no one on the board has as their preference like Tony Battie.

9. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Okay, now that would be a surprise!

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I don't know why but I get the feeling we are either going to package #26+Head to move up to grab someone, or we are going to back out of the first round to get 2nd round picks+other assets. For some reason, I dont think we will pick at #26.

I get the feeling that the talent "tier" at #26 isn't worth the selection, that Morey would rather trade up for a huge get or trade out of the 1st round for multiple 2nd round picks.

11. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

Morey is going to surprise us all

Remember Rudy Gay?

12. Barkley

Barkley Member

Yea I remember. I'm sure we can be sure that this summer will be more interestin'. Just wait to Thursday and wait untill we and another teams can bring FA. It will be great!

13. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

I think a trade is brewing....the aroma is filling the board.