1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Help Coping] Fiancée just broke up with me

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Drexlerfan22, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

The most frustrating thing about all this is that I'm not really an inexperienced guy. The number of girls I dated before just in the last two or three years before I got into it with this girl was high enough to where I lost count, something 15-ish. I just really believed this one was different. I really do love just about everything about her. It's tough to imagine finding anyone better. At least, someone better than the person she was before she did this to me. :(
    I can only hope.

By the way, important note: It occurs to me that I'd feel remiss if I didn't mention the fact that she's giving me the godd**n ****ing "it's still posssible we could work out in a few years" line. I mean, come on! She ran off to sleep with someone she just met a week or two ago, and as she's doing this she's telling me it may still work out? Give me a break. Unbelievable. And I'm pretty sure she really means that, simply because she knows I'm that stable "what-women-want-when-they're-35" guys. She really seems to think she can go have her fun, and it's still possible we'd get together. Sheesh. It's shocking that she has so little respect for me after the years we've been together and all I've done for her.

2. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

Yeah, she's just worried about herself. Best thing you can do is ignore any and all contact from her (If she's still calling, text her that you don't want to talk to her again). Hopefully the new dude has some incurable case of crabs and her vagina will look like ground up hamburger meat.

As soon as you finish your project you should take a trip. Find a beach somewhere and just enjoy quiet (You're already in Cali). Until then, try to laugh and think about all the things you've been neglecting since you've been with her.

3. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Well, sounds like you're coming to grips with it and just need something to take your mind off the whole deal.

Watch this a couple of times and by the weekend I bet you'll be feeling much better...

[​IMG]

Just remember... don't go through life like Ewing and Karla, where you wonder about what might have been and get lost in a spiral of morose regrets. Go through life like Dream and Clyde where you recognize that the ultimate victory will be worth the suffering.

[​IMG]

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Sorry about missing the fact you have a bad back (I know what that's like - I've had back surgery).

Honestly the only things that will help now are

1) You run into the "right woman" soon. I'd be wary of this because any woman may be "right" right about now.

2) Time. So many points in your life you think you've had it bad, or they were the worst and you look back and chuckle or sigh a breath of relief because guess what? You survived and here you are in the "future" to look back and say "eh, it was just another step to take towards my maturity".

Outside of this, it's gonna hurt like hell... but like I said, it'll eventually pass. :)

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If easy women and Sin City isn't for you, I'd suggest going to church your age and meeting new people to talk to.

I can't believe she still wants contact, but know this. If you can't shake her off and eventually forgive her years down the line, there's no guarantee she'll change for the better. It's up to you whether you want to put up with women who have co-dependency and narcissistic tendencies.

6. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I thought your title said "Help Cooking"

7. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I love the scene with Bob Faget walks in on the bathroom in Dumb and Dumberer.

OMG there's **** everywhere. There's **** on the ceiling. He **** in the sink. blah blah!

8. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

one day she is gonna call, and it may just be that one day when you're lonely and she's gonna sweet talk you into giving it one more chance and in your moment of vulnerability, you may find yourself yearning for her....you better be ready to say, "**** OFF b****!"

9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I think we have a winner.

10. rocket2010

rocket2010 Member

i am sorry to be the bad guy, but posting a pic of her would help a lot in us giving you advices.

i think your health is prolly the main reason why she left, so i hope you recover soon, if possible.

11. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

sorry to hear that dude, I can't imagine how you must feel.
    Put a curse on her, and hope she gets a really bad STD. I'm sure you can find someone way better, its better for you to find out if shes full of **** now, rather than later when you guys would end up gettin married. I'm sure it would be much harder on you if she left you after the wedding. Plus now you can save some cash. and... you can find another girl who isn't a fixer upper.

12. ToothYanker

ToothYanker Contributing Member

I had a long term gf cheat on me in the past. Obviously, it wasn't as serious as your case, but IMO, burning all your bridges with her can be a cathartic experience. Literally gather everything she's ever given you and either burn the stuff or pawn the stuff of value. Erase her number, etc and NEVER contact her again. As hard as it may seem, act like she's never existed; change your daily routines, etc. It'll help dull the pain; time will take care of the rest. Also, she's a b*tch.

13. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

If she left because of his health then she's not worth having in the first place.

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There isn't really anything you can do that makes all the pain go away. First just take a few days and wallow in it. No matter what else you plan on doing, you will wallow anyway. So why not just resign yourself to the fact that you will be feeling sorry for yourself for a while, and make the most of it.

But set a limit. After (x number) of days don't allow yourself to spend more than a few minutes thinking about it. For a while give yourself 20 minutes a day to mope, but then cut it off. Be happy that no matter how many good qualities she had, she also had the qualities of being fickle, low self esteem, ungrateful, and not really someone you should put your trust in.

No matter what other great qualities she had those would make it impossible to really appreciate her in the long term, because those bad qualities would make you second guess the time when you should be enjoying the good qualities.

The hardest part will be not letting this blow your confidence in a solid relationship, or develop into bitterness, and lasting resentment that you project onto future relationships, and will prevent you from enjoying things later on down the line.

Try and read a lot, play video games, and really think about how nice it is that you can do that, and not have to make sure you stop at a certain time to check in with anybody else. When your friends get back spend as much time as they can take with them. Try and savor and enjoy every minute of it.

Mostly though time will help it heal as well as can be done.

15. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Damn . . . I wish that there was something I could say.

Keep your head up, man. It will probably take a long time. I can't imagine that sort of disappointment and depression. The only thing I can say is that it's better that this happened now, rather than several years from now, after you'd be married. You can still pick up the pieces and move on.

16. BD5

BD5 Member

drex. sounds like you've played the field too man and are just at a different stage than her. not to take sides, but most gals need to get that outta their system too at some point; some women (again, that 'some' not all) need to, i guess to put it bluntly, 'comparison shop' meaning until they're treated like trash by some a-hole prick, they don't realize what they have

keep an open mind man and stay realistic, impartial and focused on your bigger pic. if you weren't a prick to her, did nothing wrong but she just needed space/time to 'find herself,' don't play the victim; keep remembering how many girls you've been with before you found one who you felt was 'different' and just keep going on w/your business

i also aint saying take her back without question/discussion when/if she comes running which she may or may not do; but don't rule it out either 'cause if you're able to work it out, you'll have an even deeper understanding between you to

in the meantime, a gym membership is mandatory if only for a place to vent your frustrations

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Supposedly 27 is the time where men hit a depressive phase.

It's also the average age where most men marry.

18. BD5

BD5 Member

ah another thing - resist with ALL YOUR MIGHT the urge to buy a phat brand new sports car

yeah it's all good... til that first payment is due and you're dropping sick money on gas and suddenly realize, "WTF - I'M SCREWED FOR ANOTHER 4 YRS!!!"

trust me, been there done that, back in 2000 when a 4-yr relationship crash n' burned. steer clear of the auto dealers strip. all it takes is one impulsive afternoon to drastically limit your long-term options by at least 2/3

19. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Ever considered suicide?

Juuuuuust kidding!

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Time is the only cure.....

Your friends are in Canada, any chance you could catch up with them and finish out the vacation?

It is always good to have friends around in times like these.

Amel - That is not funny.........even in the slightest.

DD