1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

i know the anwser to all earths problems

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by crackhead, Jun 24, 2007.

Tags:
  1. crackhead

crackhead Member

I know this is extremely far fetched and against both instinct and morals but there is only one way to stop the crisis humans have sent the earth into. We need to force ourselves into extinction. I know i know, nobody would go for it but think about it what do WE have to lose, its not like we would not get to live out our lives. all we would need to do is stop reproducing and bang in about 100 years the earth can have itsself back and start to florish once again. if you really think about it humans are the slime of this planet, we abuse everything it has to offer and give very little back. we drive thousands of animals into extinction, cut down entire rain forrest, dumb our co2 into the atmosphere, pollute the oceans and ruin its lands. Im just hoping some crazy scientist develops a "virus" (note the quotations) that willmake it so humans can not reproduce. think about it what do we have to lose!

2. Jumbo Mutombo

Jumbo Mutombo Member

Nice joke post, but there are people out there that really possess that mindset. Of course, if asked to do their part to rectify the problem, they would almost certainly decline...

3. Jumbo Mutombo

Jumbo Mutombo Member

Also, the sun will destory the earth in a few billion years. Should we take pre-emptive action against it?

4. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

5. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

What would we have to lose? Sex, Life, the future of your Children. Whoops looks like you didn't factor in one of the most important things in your expert analysis.

6. BD5

BD5 Member

It's already our nature to consuming waaay beyond the resources available; I'd say this ball is already in motion

7. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Obviously crack is a helluva drug.

8. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Tom Clancy already beat you to this idea (mostly) in Rainbow Six.

9. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Your monkier suits you well.

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I've been watching depressing documentaries lately, and it was the threat of mutual extinction that brought both sides of the Cold War to the peace table. We had think tanks telling us how much nukes to point at them and how many lives to kill in the war scenario so we could pass it on to Soviet diplomats.

So whether the OP is sarcastic or not, it might be the solution politicians apply when they want to get stuff done: to save the world, you have to waste everything...

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Who is crackhead, you ask?

[​IMG]

12. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

This idea has been around for awhile. I remember seeing something about a voluntary extinction movement several years ago.

The one biggest problem I have with that is that who's to say that humans weren't meant to be around and play a role in saving the Earth. With the advent of spaceflight and other technology for the first time in the Earth's history there is the possibility of colonizing other worlds and spreading life on Earth or of stopping extinction events like meteor strikes.

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

this forum is on a roll.

14. God's Son

God's Son Member

i think the biggest problem is the earth is way overcrowded and the biggest culprits are china india and america in terms of overpopulation and wasteful energy consumption. china and america are living beyond thier means which is a problem that has to be addressed or i am afraid the rest of the world or mother nature will force us into compliance.

15. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Its one thing to address overpopulation and another to advocate the extinction of humanity.

16. crackhead

crackhead Member

But should we humans do that. Must we travel in to space and keep the plaque spreading or should we end this.
    We already destroyed one planet without the suns help. And if we go on living like we do now we don’t need the sun to end all life on this planet.

There will be more planets to go to and more and more and in time there will be endless numbers of humans an hunderds of different planets. Colonizing them, destroying them and than we move on.

It's like a swarm of insects moving form plant to plant; eating every thing they can find and then move on.

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid... you're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin.

I'm going to press 'submit' on this post, and then I'm going to show this bbs what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible.

Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

18. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

que the rage!

:cool:

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The earth is gonna be OK.

20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

There are quite a few people in the world (and this bbs) that would be doing the world a collective favor by electing not to reproduce. So, I think you're on to something. Or on something. Either one. Or both...