1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So, I'm having surgery in 2 weeks.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Cannonball, Jun 6, 2007.

1. ballaboy

ballaboy Member

I'm actually having surgery in 8 days. Septoplasty and rhinoplasty. I'd appreciate all help and advice. I've broken my nose twice in my life, and both times have been pretty ugly. My nose is a little protruded, as there is a sharp bump, but it's really not that noticeable until you get up close. But I've been getting major sinus problems and have trouble breathing. I need to get this done because I've been falling sick way too much and have too many sleepless nights when I have a cold. I also heard that breathing through your left nostril helps you gain wait, so I need to be able to breathe out of both nostrils equally so that I can be a normal kid again. I'm kind of skinny. 5'9'', 130 lbs.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

DD

3. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Good luck Homeboy! :p

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Well, I'm good. Got there at 6:30. It was supposed to start at 7:30 but I didn't have my watch on so I don't know if it did. I wasn't nervous 'til I got there. My mother drove me and my dad drove in from Seguin. My sister wanted to fly in from Sacramento but we talked her out of it.

I had an IV and was reading all the stories from DD's thread about the anasthesia. They didn't even have me count down or anything. I shifted from by bed to the operating table and the next thing I know I was out. I thought I might end up talking gibberish and say something like "F'in Trevor Miller" :D I remember vaguely a breathing mask but I'm pretty sure that was after it was all over. TThe only time I saw the surgeon was in my room prior to being wheeled into the operating room. I haven't had any bad pain. It's more like a mild discomfort. I had some nausea when I woke up. I got home at noon and took my pain meds and antibiotics. I got the prescription and filled it yesterday so I didn't have to bother with it. I slept for 2 hours. I can't lay down like I normally do. I have to sleep in an elevated position as if I was in a recliner or something. I'm kind of groggy now but otherwise feel fine.

It looks like I'm wearing a diaper on my head. Or it's like one of those hair wraps/bandannas that women wear. Think Whitney Houston at the Super Bowl. The part on the back of my head goes to my upper neck and I can't really look up.

Oh, and the doctor said my ear canal was kind of narrow so he made it larger. I totally wasn't expecting that and have no idea what that entailed. I'm going to see him on Thursday for a follow up I guess and maybe to trim a little gauze from my head wrap.