1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your Alarm Clock in the Morning

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ima_drummer2k, Jun 6, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

Mine isn't set fast, but I wake up for an hour before the damn thing goes off during the week anyways.. I hate that my body is off by a whole hour and how I just lay there while trying to get back to sleep, but it has always been like that.. My woman knows there is something wrong or I'm super tired if the alarm ever has to go off to wake me up..

2. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Alarm set for 5:00 am and dog always wakes me before at 3:30 to 3:45-ready for breakfast. Once awake - I never go back to sleep.Sometimes I do not even set the alarm.

I like to get to the jobsite early.

4 1/2 hours sleep a nite is good-3 hours is difficult. Never eat a big lunch and go to an air conditioned meeting- sleepy time.

Weekends save me -sleep in til 9:00

During basketball season -going to a Rockets game ususally puts me home near Port Arthur at 11:45 to midnite. I do not misssleep though - I never go to bed before 11:30 anyway......

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Mine snoozes for 9 minutes, which I think makes a lot of sense. You can count the number of times you hit the snooze button by the last digit in the time. Eleven minutes would be even easier, but maybe a little too long for a snooze.

4. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

i have three alarm clocks named oskar, hugo and peter

5. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

dude you name your alarm clocks? how lonely can you get? Just go outside and buy 3 dogs and name them oskar, hugo and peter.

6. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

i put mine at 5:40 and have it 7 mins ahead of real time so im never late!

7. thegary

:confused: those are my son's names. are you making a joke that i don't get? :confused:

8. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I need to remeber to add smiley faces next time i use sarcasm.

9. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I actually don't use an alarm anymore except on occasions when I need to get up earlier than normal (running, airport). I just wake up between 6 and 6:30 out of habit. Sad, but helpful.

Evan

10. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

What he said

11. thegary

i sort of got that but thought that it was so unfunny that i was missing something :)

12. Iron McFist

Iron McFist Member

I'm a pretty deep sleeper so I often sleep through noise, which makes most alarm clocks obsolete. Am I the only one who uses this thing?

[​IMG]

It has a vibrating disc which you put underneath the pillow (let the LOL VIBRATOR jokes begin), so I find it impossible to wake up. It's also useful because I used to feel bad about waking up my roommate if I had to get up really early or something, but now with this one doesn't even need a loud annoying noise (unless it shifts and starts rattling the walls)

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I don't set it fast. I don't snooze. I set it next to me. I use 2 alarms on one clock. I'm not working now, so I go to sleep around 3-6am and wake up between 6:30 and 10am. During work days, I go to sleep around 2-3am and wake up by around 6-6:30am.

I never could get the "setting the clock fast" thing. Do you forget it's fast when you wake up? Especially if you're a SNOOZE basher? :D

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

15. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

I used to need an alarm to wake up, but oddly enough I found that I don't need one anymore...I just naturally wake up around when it's time to wake up (7.30am)

16. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I don't. I sleep in until about 1-2pm everyday.

I'm not taking any summer courses as of yet and I'm in between jobs. Can you say.. no life?

17. Pocket Rockets

set it at 8am ... don't have to be at work til 10. I snooze for an hour at 10 minute intervals.

the tempurpedic does it to me.

18. XxShadyPinkxX

XxShadyPinkxX Contributing Member

I have two alarms. My cell phone (quiet) is set for 6AM then my TV (loud) is set for 6:15. I usually throw my remote somewhere so I HAVE to get up and look for it to turn the TV off. :( My bed is too comfortable.

19. Matador

Matador Member

My alarm is set for 4:45 AM every weekday to the annoying sound of "BAH-BAH-BAH-BAH!" Half the time I wake up a few minutes before the alarm so I can get up before the jolting sound next to my ear. I used to set the alarm to the radio but I started sleeping through it. The "BAH-BAH" gets me up every morning.

On and a slight sidenote for anyone up at 4:45 AM: ESPN 97.5 FM in Houston has an awesome sports recap by their All Night crew. I forget the names of the 2 hosts but they are pretty funny. Great to get caught up on sports while I shave.

Alarm is not set on the weekends.

20. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

He's going to launch an all out assault on your mind as soon as he gets this information.

You have been warned!