1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Tmac is done?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BackNthDay, Jun 1, 2007.

1. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

the fact is that t-mac's stock is at the highest it'll ever be from this point onwards, and you're supposed to sell high. this is not saying he is done, but that if he gets injured again, he will only be valuable to us. no team that will want to trade for him will offer us anything close to equal value.

he's still a 'great' player, and he's likely the only "superstar" that is on the trading market (with all the O'Neal-to-LA rumors, it doesn't look like Kobe is going anywhere), so the players we can get for him can perhaps fill not only his spot but also one of our other holes.

a few options (all succeeded using ESPN's Trade Machine) that might fix 1 (or both) of our holes:

1) Michael Redd + Villanueva for T-Mac (+ Head if necessary)
    2) Ray Allen + Wilcox + Watson for T-Mac + JuHo + Head
    3) Marion + Barbosa for T-Mac (+ Head if necessary)
    4) Marion + Barbosa + James Jones for T-Mac + JuHo (+Head if necessary)

this last one doesn't fill any holes - it actually makes more holes - but i threw it in just for the hell of it:
    5) Kobe + Kwame for T-Mac + JuHo/Battier + Sura/Rafer

the point of this post isn't to push some more random trade suggestions (or maybe it is? haha), but rather that it may be time to explore how much we can get in return for T-Mac. he may be more valuable to the team as a trade asset (see #1-4 above) than as a cornerstone (see playoffs, 2007).

2. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

man at least trade tmac to a contender. why u gotta waste tmac's last 4-5 yrs on a bad team (outside of the suns of course) but suns would never do that b/c nash aint as good if he plays with a guy better than him (see nash in dallas)

3. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

My apologies to the English professors on the website, I was typing and posting too fast before my boss showed up behind me.

4. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I'm also speaking of mental make up. Tmac is really struggling mental aspect of not getting out of the first round and making that ridiculous statement about being all on him.

Even the greatest of all time (Magic, Bird, and Jordan) never made that statement and realized that it comes down to Kerr, Paxson, Cooper, Scott, Worth, Dennis Johnson, McHale, Parrish.

5. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

He said he said that to take the pressure off of his teammates who frankly played like dung.

6. rterry

rterry Contributing Member

Tracy is done not is, but trade is T-mac? Is.

7. Sextuple Double

What the hell is this :confused:

8. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

Tracy's stock is down right now. I think it's obvious he's in decline from his scoring champion days in Orlando. That T-mac had mad moves and passion for the game. He could finish against anybody. Our T-mac is bored with the game and is scared to take it to the rack and when he does take it to the rack he's forced to eat the ball many times.

The last sighting of T-mac the real T-mac was 2005 in series against the Mavs. I love the homerism on the BBS but the Suns are not offering half their team for T-mac and neither are any of the other top teams.

And the Lakers will give you Kobe but it's going to be for more than T-mac and they'd probably refuse any deal without Yao included as the main piece.

9. langal

langal Contributing Member

Done? no

I think he can maintain this level for at least a few more years.

Peaked?

Yes i think so.

10. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

I was going to respond to this, then I realized the pointlessness of this post.

English professors or no -- if your boss shows up behind you -- minimize, then come back reread and post.

11. Lewislzy

Lewislzy New Member

I still believe he can fly~

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Can he still touch the sky?
    Do you think about it night and day?

13. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Spread his wings and fly away
    He believes he can soar
    see him running to that open basket ;) :D :cool: