1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron already better leader than T-Mac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by binvegas, May 28, 2007.

1. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

This quote sums up why I feel lebron is on another level than t-mac:

"Why should I be surprised? I was making a lot of great moves. They are definitely a great defensive team, but I was determined to attack."
    -- Cavs forward LeBron James, on making the winning shot

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime-070601

2. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

Why would you foul a guy when the game is tied and there's 2 seconds left?

I know LeBron is a crappy free throw shooter, but the odds of him hitting 1 of 2 are very high compared to the odds of him converting that layup attempt.

3. getready

getready Member

no contest

4. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

You're joking or on drugs, right?

LeBron James WILL be the greatest player to ever play this game when it is all said and done...at least that is the feeling I get when I watch him play. I have watched a lot of basketball in my time and only Jordan can do some of the things that LeBron is doing. And Jordan had a slightly better supporting cast than LeBron does.

Everybody remembers the year that the Bulls played without MJ and almost made the ECF (they lost to the Knicks 4-3 in the 2nd round). Can anyone honestly say that this Cavaliers team without LeBron could almost make it to the Conference Finals?? They would be lucky to win 20 games. That is how much LeBron means to that team. Simply incredible.

5. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

No matter what his TV commercials may say...

6. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

He'd just end up hurting his back...

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Hold on a second. This is just ONE game. I like him too but LBJ has a looooong way to go.

8. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

:p ;)

9. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Did LeBron's mama put steriods in his cereal everyday? Man, Look at LeBron's muscles and frame: a PF's body and SF's athletic abilities and LeBron's not on steriods. U must be kidding me.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

WHOA!
    It is the Easter Conference
    They beat the Wizards and New jersey

he played well . . but i ain't ready to Crown him yet
    [Denny Green might but I ain't]

Rocket River

11. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Lebron will be one of those greatest (MJ, Magic, etc.) if he could hit his jumpers like last night. Right now his J is still inconsistent. He need to improve his D as well.

To be like Mike is not that easy. MJ has accomplished so much in his career. It is unfair to compare Lebron to him now.

Although it is pretty scary to think what if Lebron continue to improve his game and hit his fade-away with consistency. Multiple championship for sure, especially if east continues to be this weak.

BTW, Flip Sanders was an idiot.

12. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

I hope t-mac watches LeBron and that inspires him to play just like that next year.

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

T-Mac was in the East remember? When he was a better scorer than he is now and with a cast similar to what Lebron has. He couldn't win then with them.

Lebron has a HORRIBLE team around him.

I wasn't a big fan of Lebron prior to this season and thought he was all hype, but the numbers don't lie. I've now looked at his numbers and watched him play.

I am a witness.

14. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Just saw on ESPN who's scored the most points against the Pistons the past few years. Lebron topped the list w/ last night's performance. The next two? You guessed it. Tmac in 03/04. Unfortunately it looks like Tmac may have passed his peak. I really hope not, I (and most of us) believe that he's still got it in him to shoot and drive like he did a short time ago.

As for the legacy of Leborn, it's way to early to tell. I don't think he'll eclipse Jordan (I don't think anyone will in my lifetime), but he'll join that same league as the Jordan/Magic/Bird's. When it's all said in done I think Lebron will be remembered more as a hybrid of Jordan and Magic rather than a totally dominating scorer. The great thing Lebron has demonstrated is that he can win by taking over, but he's won plenty of games w/ his passing and teamwork.

When you watch Kobe try to play games as part scorer/part playmaker it just looks forced. Quite frankly it looks like he throws a tantrum sometimes by totally passing and not scoring at all, as if he's sending a message to the coaches 'Do you really want me to pass more? Then you'll get it.'

15. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

did tmac score 41 or 42 in his injury-ridden yr?

he's not past his prime. let him regain the conditioning necessary to hit his damn Jumpers. that's all it is JUMPERS. tmac makes them like he should => back to one of the top 2 or 3 offensive players in the game.

he was wildly inconsistent this yr. 2 games v. phoeix, suck like a mutha. last game, MJ-like v. them. not very good.

he'll change that next yr. u see more consistency. but u'll also see him do his usual trend (outside of last yr) gets better as the season progresses.

16. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

Z => SOME inside presence; tmac had declerq and burke.
    gooden as a 4th option => tmac in his last 2 yrs had gooden as a 2nd option (and as a rookie too)
    hughes to handle some ballhandling; tmac had nobody even close to hughes
    hughes as his defender; tmac was battier for orlando

so REALLY, tmac has the same supporting cast.

and remember, the east was not this bad even back then. pistons had ben wallace when tmac faced them too.

lebron > tmac right now, but man, put some facts into your post.

ur just like any casual fan, but if u do, dont make such ridiculous claims.

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Since the Cavs run a shorter bench than the Pistons, does that make them exceptions?

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The Pistons had Ben Wallace but no Rasheed Wallace.

But you are right, look at the roster for the Magic, I forgot what talent he had to work with at the time.

19. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

yeh don't forget Tmac never had a rookie like Gibson stepping up when he's on the bench. I used to watch a lot of Magic games, and I hated to watch them whenever Tmac went on the bench b/c they were pathetic.

20. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

i thought it was head's yr this playoffs but disappeared literally