1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade T-Mac to get Kobe?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Munozadj, May 30, 2007.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Sometimes you need to stick with a player and right now I feel we need to stick with Tracy and see how things go with Adelman at the helm.

I just don't think I could ever root for Bryant.

2. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

dude u know what i mean? the way some ppl compare tmac to kobe is like sayin tmac is a scrub that can't hold a candle to kobe.

there's a reason kobe gets up to play kobe moreso than any other player in the league outside of dwayne wade.

3. bluepart

bluepart Member

This is a no brainer question. The problem is what else we need to get him in addition to TMAC?

4. okeezie

okeezie Member

You can debate how good each of them are until you are blue in the face. T-mac was arguably the best player in the league while Yao was out. I believe their talent is about equal but is distributed differently. Kobe's relentlessness is the difference but I believe this trait would not have worked well with JVG or this Rockets team. We were built on hustle and I don't know how much hustle our team would exhibit when one man takes 40 shots and 20 FT's. You guys understimate T-mac's importance to the Rockets. When he doesn't play we can't score or win and that's the bottom line. Kobe's team was barely .500 and Mr. Killer Instinct blew a 3-1 lead with 1 point in the 2nd half of a Game 7. It takes 5 baby.

5. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

anyone who says "no" needs to be checked into a mental facility

6. jordan_123

jordan_123 Member

that's the best response i have seen so far.

7. tsunami

tsunami Member

horrible

8. tsunami

tsunami Member

please redo your math.

9. jordan_123

jordan_123 Member

and why should he redo his math?

10. rocketsmetalspd

ESPN has that trade machine working again. They had a trade with Rockets and Lakers at number seven in top 7 trades scenarios for Kobe. The trade would have T-Mac and Sura to the Lakers for Kobe and Radmonvic plus the 26th pick. If a trade for Kobe would be done by the Rockets I would just trade T-Mac and Sura for Kobe and Turiaf.

11. wrestler4life

wrestler4life Member

The Fakers would never do that trade. Hearing all the local chatter out here in SoCal, I doubt that anythingis goin to happen. Kobe is just saying all of this to get management to do something to help him out, because Buss Jr and "Cupcheck" can't find talent.
    But back to the point of the post, Turiaf is beloved by the coaching staff, and they can't stand the snowboarder Radmonovich. They would rather see him go for basically a 1st round pick than see Turiaf go.

12. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Damn right. that would be perfect

Bibby
    Kobe
    Battier
    KG

WOULD EQUATE TO REAL DOMINANCE...

13. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

Who are you kidding for not wanting Kobe? He would make Yao better because Yao would allow Kobe to take the lead. Yao is a great player but not a leader. It shouldn't take him 5 years in the league before Dream needs to remind him to be a leader. He is born one or is not.

With Kobe leading and Yao in the paint, it would be murder. Kobe is a better defender then TMAC.

The problem is neither LA or Houston would do this trade. Not unless Kobe wants to play with Yao. That would be the same draw that got TMAC here.

14. Astockmarketgod

Tmac did a great job for us those 32 games... but really how well did we really do against the top tier teams...

most above average players in the NBA can be a top scorer in this league... give them 25 to 30 shots at game shooting a poorly 40% you still get 20 to 24 points a game...

thats making 4 out of every 10 shots....

its all in the mind when you get to the NBA level....

Tmac is just weak minded...

15. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

tmac shot 47% when yao was out. so no.

tmac shot better WITHOUT yao when the defense keyed on him even more.

so no.

again i have said it a THOUSAND times, give tmac an offseason please. this was the first yr where i have seen his shooting % go wild from one spectrum to another on a month-month basis. it's a rhythm thing.

16. Astockmarketgod

and please...

Tmac became our first option when the playoffs came...

not only that our self imposed leader....

stop making excuses for him... he has been doing it for 10 years...

he has to take poor shots to get him into a shooting rhythm...

thats like saying...

I have to swing at pitches in the dirt to warm up my swing

I have to throw the ball inbetween 3 defenders to my wide receiver

I have to drop the puck down to my skates and kick it back up before I shoot...

I have to drive the golf ball over the water rather than play safe and lay it on the fair way...

17. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

tmac played very subpar according to his standards in the playoffs. no sane guy is denying that.

but this was his first bad playoff performance. look at the stats of his previous performances in the playoffs (31, 7, 7 v. mavs 2 yrs ago on 46% shooting as an example)

and AGAIN, do u play basketball? do u know what a rhythm is? and that has to be very important for a professional ball player? tmac sat out basically the entire offseason and only ran to get himself back into shape. he didn't work on his skills nor shooting.

u want a clear EX -> free throw shooting. that's as clear as u can get

18. Astockmarketgod

umm last year Tmac was laying down alot of 9 for 23 games too..

so then Tmac should have had no excuses going 47% in that 32 game stand... atleast for the Playoffs... instead of giving us the dud performance...

if he shot even close to 47% for the series we win....

Yao said he had no speed... because of his injury.... thus his weak a$$ performance......so Ill believe him for now...

the role players are below average... and played above average in that 32 game stretch... they may not have shown up in the playoffs but we all knew they were scrubs....

what was Tmac's excuse....

19. Barkley

Barkley Member

Ok guys Kobe said he talked with Jackson and he's not going anywhere. I don't think he's serious cause he changes decisions every day...that means he's so stupid...Maybe now this thread wil be closed cause I can't see here any sense...

T-Mac is T-Mac. Kobe is maybe better but Tracy is amazing too and has another pluses than Kobe.

20. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

oh man, was tmac healthy last yr? my goodness?

again, though tmac was healthy this yr, if u watch the games, and saw the beginning of the season, he looked slow as hell, couldn't beat his man off the dribble... he def. looked like an old man => out of shape. that should tell u in the offseason though he ran himself into decent shape, he still wasn't in bball shape.

and u think he had the time to practice his shooting? ft shooting? or any skill at all?

the back was his first priority and he had to rest it as much as possible.

again, after this offseason where he is already in good shape to end the season, and if he trains and still struggles w/ his shot like this, then yes, he's not a very dominant scorer anymore. but dude, give the guy a chance to train himself first.