1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you Trade Yao for Kobe?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowmt01, May 30, 2007.

1. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Yeah, that means the Rockets starting SG was Tracy McGrady. He can also play small forward, but to say he is not or cannot be a SG is just factually incorrect. He was a SG last season, and barring a major roster shakeup, he will be again next season. The difference between SG and SF is negligible anyway, the whole argument is semantics. He is a swingman and Kobe is a swingman.

2. demon77

demon77 Member

I don't see how its funny. Trading T-mac for Kobe makes sense since they are simliar player (kobe with the edge). And I don't see how T-mac can get along with Kobe. T-mac isn't a selfish player, but he does have ego (eg. "Its on ME!").

I honestly think T-mac would rather go to the Final with all the credits going to him, then to win a ring with all the credits going to kobe.

If is just Kobe for Yao, then "No!" (it would be like a lose-lose for both team), but if they add Bynum to the deal, then "hell YES!"

3. tsunami

tsunami Member

No. I will not do it even if your heart stops beat.

4. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Kobe
    Bynum
    J Farmar

for

Yao
    Rafer
    L Head
    #26 Pick

5. tsunami

tsunami Member

here you go.

6. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

i think lakers would trade for tmac before yao. apparently yao's status is not high here in LA.

7. tsunami

tsunami Member

I have no problem w/ that, as long as the deal is good for Rockets. I don't care Yao high/low there. But Tmac for Kobe is a way better deal than Yao for Kobe.

8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'd do it. Am I disloyal to McGrady? It might look like that, but if it means getting us a championship, sign me up.

9. tsunami

tsunami Member

You come to the wrong thread. This thread is about Kobe for Yao, not Kobe for TMAC.

10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

My bad. To answer the original question then: Nope. What's the point of having both Kobe and McGrady on the same team when it leaves us with a crater of a hole in the middle? Any playoff team in the west minus maybe Golden State and Denver would have killed us with their inside player.

11. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

I would trade Yao if it guarenteed a Rox championship but I don't see a Kobe and T-Mac team doing that much better than a Yao and T-Mac team. If anything I see them self-destructing.

12. vizier

vizier Member

i will but they wont.

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

Kobe is the best player in the NBA. Love him or hate him, you know it is true. Every player in the league is a possible trade for him. Maybe not LeBron. As a fan I don't care for his "persona", but I admire his skills as a basketball player.

14. New Jack

New Jack Member

Thank god we had Yao to keep any inside players from killing us during this years playoffs.

15. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

Amen to that.

16. william847

william847 Member

I personally think that Kobe is the best player on the planet at the moment...and would trade anyone to get him. But Tmac and Kobe would not work in my opinion. Both needs the ball in their hands to create and that would cause a lot of problems on the offensive end. MJ and Pippen worked because Pippen did not require the ball as much, but instead did a lot of cuts and MJ created for him. This would not happen if Tmac and Kobe were on the same team. Who is going to sacrifice and be the cutting player while the other create???

17. HarmLess168

HarmLess168 Member

It's no surprise at all because Yao is a center, and the best center in the league to boot. Kobe and TMac, on the other hand, are pretty similar players.

Ask if you want to trade Yao for Duncan, and I'm pretty sure most people would want that.

18. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

apparently u didn't watch them much. pippen created more while MJ finished. and when u are in the triangle offense that they used, the ball swings around regardless so the ball is never in one guy's hands much (except for a kobe-triangle offense)

19. jordan_123

jordan_123 Member

yeah but what i was saying is that t-mac is more a sf than a sg and he played there by default.but kobe is a pure sg.what i was saying is that they don't play the same position or as you have said t-mac can play both but is a better sf.yeah so what if they are both swingman?does it mean that they can't play together?that's what i was trying to say.anyway your opinion is your opinion mine is that they can work together.

20. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

anyone who says "no" needs to be checked in a mental facility.