1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade T-Mac to get Kobe?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Munozadj, May 30, 2007.

1. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

i think u win easier w/ kobe-tmac. one creates/one finishes. ur lucky if yao dunks over a midget.

2. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Kobe is a drama queen or attention w****. Kobe just wants some attentions from his ball club because he's out of the playoff and gets no spotlights. With all said and done, I'll bet his bottom remains in LA and wears purple and gold.

3. jdrock

jdrock Member

I'm not knocking T-Mac.. I think he's a great player. But you can't argue that he's better than Kobe.

On a new note.. all the reports coming out now are saying Kobe isn't to blame for the Shaq debacle. Even Shaq is siding with Kobe. So you really have to rethink your opinion of Kobe.. Here's a guy who didn't go public with his knowledge, and instead shouldered all the blame for it.

4. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Head, Howard and Tmac for KOBE. Straight up!!! :mad:

5. Barkley

Barkley Member

Ok that's you opinion. I'm not agree with is but that's your opinion and I respect it.

It'l be interesting to see Kobe in another team :D I can't realize Kobe in other than Lakers' jersey

6. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

i am not arguing he's better than kobe at this stage of their career (though you're comparing tmac's yr on the yr he got back from an injury w/ no training but i don't mind that), but ur saying like there is a WIDE gap.

there is a reason we can beat the lakeres WITHOUT yao.

so when u make a comment about how great kobe is, just know tmac is right behind him.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

T-mac is no longer right behind Kobe offensively.

8. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

and offensively u mean scoring. offense is just not scoring. it's about making your teammates better, creating for others. and tmac has him beat in that.

that's why if u take the whole package, tmac is still right behind him.

have u just watched basketball? tmac's playmaking is on par w/ steve nash brother. and he's a scorer too.

top 5 scorer + top 2 playmaker = tmac.

that has to be on par w/ #1 scorer + selfish player = kobe right?

9. Barkley

Barkley Member

But look what Tracy did when he was healthly and Yao was out. He has probably 13 straight games with 30+ points and the Team still won a lot of games. That' great. If he is healthly he can be on of the best players and now he's healthly

10. YaoFanatic

YaoFanatic Member

wow, this thread shows why some people who have 2000+ posts are still labelled 'rookies' by the moderators. such idiocy. :p

11. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

news - kobe is now backtracking and is willing to stay.

so shut this thread.

12. ericmark

ericmark Member

Not really. Impossible means nothing, this is from T-mac.

13. demon77

demon77 Member

oh hell yes! (T-mac for kobe, but not the other way round )

I seriously doubt kobe gonna be traded, even if he is it'll most likely be to the EAST.

14. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

some rookies obviously know more basketball than "members." :D

b/c the stuff i read on here from "members" are bball knowledge i get from my 5 yr old cousin

15. jdrock

jdrock Member

I think you have Kobe pegged wrong. Kobe is very capable of dishing out assists, and we've seen him do that in the past 2 years. The problem is that everyone else on the Lakers is not that great.

And let's just do a straight stat comparison:

Kobe: 31.6 ppg, 5.4 apg, 5.7 rbg
    Tmac: 24.6 ppg, 6.5 apg, 5.3 rbg

So there's a 0.9 apg differential in favor of Tmac.. that is not a big difference.

16. Barkley

Barkley Member

You have 49 posts and you're member. I don't understand but it doesn' matter if im rookie or not. I's good to write with another Rockets' fans

17. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Yes, and no way in hell the Lakers say yes.

18. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

Kobe just changed his mind? WTF.

19. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

see this is where i question "members" knowledge. marbury avg 8 assist for his career. who would u take? marbury or tmac? marbury or lebron?

dude, just watch the game. kobe's assist is from passing around on the triangle offense. a lot is not from his creativity and his willignness to pass before shoot.

did u see that 50+ game against houston on ESPN? kobe IGNORED his teammates even when he went 1-11 in the 3rd? if ur off and u STILL DON'T TRUST ur teammates, that says a lot about u as a teamate.

again, i say watch the game. but hey.

20. Barkley

Barkley Member

Maybe Kobe doesn't even know what he wants...