1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade T-Mac to get Kobe?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Munozadj, May 30, 2007.

1. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

who cares, if mac goes to LA, KG/j'oneal will follow. relax dude. tmac has a no-trade clause also. he'll only go if he knows he'll get help.

i know jermaine o'neal has loved to play w/ tmac for a while, which is why tmac said indy when he named the 3 teams he wanted to play for when he was w/ the magic still

2. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

u can't win a ring if yao is as weak as he was. and he will be even weaker playing kobe's presence, who growls at every mistake of his teammates. and we all know yao is prone to mistakes, ask JVG.

3. mmesser

mmesser Contributing Member

BRING KOBE HERE!

PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!

LES AND MOREY: DO YO THING!!
    IT'LL BE THE BEST MOVE IN H-TOWN's HISTORY

4. GMNot

GMNot Member

Thanks, but no thanks.

... I for one don't care for the Kobe show.

5. tchenps

tchenps Member

I would never want to see kb as a Rocket!

6. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

dude i don't like some players but i can't hate on greatness. kobe might be selfish, but he puts on a show. if a team like the lakers suck as much as they do, its easy to just focus on kobe.

i mean, ppl didn't say tmac was the most exciting player in the L when he was in orlando for no reason. same w/ the young vince.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

No way we trade Yao. No way.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dude you realize that Kobe ATTACKS the basket, and that Yao will be open for jumpers or dunks.

our coach is RICK ADELMAN not JVG, the offense will be different. Yao would be the Vlade/Brad Miller with a much stronger inside game. We'd rule.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Kobe would thrive under Adelman I think.

By the way, I'm getting myself all worked up and I know it won't happen. Stupid me.

10. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

if u think yao is that good, then pray dude.

11. GMNot

GMNot Member

Fair enough. I'm not "hating" on him. Just don't enjoy the show. I'm not a "win at any cost" kind of person. To each his own.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

of course you realize this would NEVER HAPPEN RIGHT??
    like there's a chance of giant monkeys taking over the planet before this trade EVER HAPPENS!

13. Munozadj

Munozadj Contributing Member

A follow up to the question is more insight.

Yao is a keystone. He cannot be traded. The only balance is Kobe's offense and sometimes great defense in exchange for T-Mac's almost nightly triple doubles (above five in rebounds and assists at least) and unselfishness. Kobe's attitude (who said winners were well liked by all?) and T-Mac's improving health and sometimes low mental state of mind?

They are both the same in equality, but differant in each catagory. A catagory that fits their opposite teams, which they need. If traded, both teams will benefit along with the additional bench/free-agent tweeking and tooling.

Side Note: Kobe wanted to be the leader before Shaq. That was trouble from the start when Kobe wanted to be just as great as MJ, which was mostly a stat deficiency that Kobe disliked. Yao is a pushover since the fire/heart/desire or ego isn't as big as the Kobe-Shaq egos that clashed. Yao is what Kobe wanted Shaq to be before Yao was drafted, but now if traded; Kobe will get his way and Yao will gladly step aside for a nice driving into the lane dunk and not a clanged deranged layup.

All Houston would need then is a real PG and a rebounding/defensive minded PF. Rookie or Free Agent. Not too picky once Kobe is on board.

14. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

kobe will be on dan patrick soon. hopefully he'll drop some teams he wants to play for.

15. twoface723

twoface723 Member

As much as I love T-Mac, Kobe IS Kobe. The best player in the league for someone who hasn't got out of the first round...You have to do that trade.

16. tsunami

tsunami Member

so you think that Yao can't even be as good as Vlade/Brad Miller ?

17. tchenps

tchenps Member

blasphemy!

18. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

no u want yao to be as good as he is now and have THEIR passing game too?

no he can't domiane outside and then play like vlade/miller dude.

obviously he's better than them. but not in the way u want.

like i said, u take yao away from 10 ft = avg player

19. jdrock

jdrock Member

Kobe Bryant is THE best player in the league. If all you have to do is trade McGrady, I think you have to do it.

20. Rockets#1fan

Rockets#1fan Member

I don't think that tracy is the problem. Kobe won those chapmpionships with shaq. As long as Yao continues to suck in the post season it doesn't matter who is on this team we will still lose until Yao becomes better. My Answer would be **** NO! T-Mac = Best player in the NBA