1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade T-Mac to get Kobe?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Munozadj, May 30, 2007.

1. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Would anyone trade Yao for Kobe? He's BYC, so it would be difficult. A team under the cap would have to get involved. Something like this would work:

Houston gets: Kobe and Charlotte's 22 pick
    LA gets: Yao and Juwan
    Charlotte gets: Battier

I don't know if I would do it, but its interesting to think about. Battier seems like a lot to give up for a 22 pick, but you have to give Charlotte some incentive to just absorb the salary. It would also work with Rafer, but I don't think they would take him. McGrady and Kobe together would be just plain nasty. :eek: Filling out the rest of the roster would be tough though. We would have:

Rafer / JL3 / V-Span
    Kobe / Luther
    T-Mac / Snyder / Novak
    Chuck / ???
    ???

That would leave us with the #22 and #26 pick, the MLE, the LLE (I think we have it), Sura's expiring and minimum contracts to will out the rest of the roster.

2. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

u think so huh? just like artest knows it's his last chance in sacto. habits are hard to break bro. kobe still ballhogged his way in the last yr.

3. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

the other thread has been on the front page of the GARM for the last two days, most often in the first ten threads. apparently you didn't look too hard. ;)

yeah, of course you trade TMac for Kobe, but it's the Lakers that would want more, probably a 1st Rounder or something.

4. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

now think about tmac-kg/duncan/dirk/or hell amare, would we even face a game 7? would we be contending for a top 3 seed?

stop blaming tmac. yao's the weaker player here.

5. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

tmac w/o yao = 21-10 record

tmac wouldn't lead the lakers to the playoffs? even a top 6 seed? :confused: if he plays 70 games?

6. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Ship T-Mac to LA. It's on me. If we lose it's on me!

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

Faster than that, even.

Kobe is everything T-Mac is, plus he's everything T-Mac's NOT.

8. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

No kidding. Kobe is the best player in the entire league. LA wouldn't take that deal. On the other hand, I'm sure they would love to get Yao. Whether you would do it or not, that's our only chance at Kobe.

9. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

please LES, make it happen. i'm so praying for it to happen. we'll know more as the week goes on to see what teams kobe prefer.

oh man, tmac in a laker uniform :D

but i still follow the rockets b/c i love the team. yao, shane, and head are favs of mine. plus who doesn't enjoy the kobe show?

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The Rockets really have no shot at Kobe. The Lakers would be dumb to make a trade for T-Mac (oft-injured, possible decline) and outside of him it would be nearly impossible to build a trade for Kobe with our roster.

11. spankz141

spankz141 Member

hell yeah, What would be better is Kobe for Yao!

12. YaoFanatic

YaoFanatic Member

Haha that was funny Smokey! This Kobe for T-Mac trade would be a no brainer. Kobe is in his prime, Yao is in his prime. T-Mac is past his prime. Sorry, that's the facts and it's that simple....

13. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

dude kobe puts down an ultimatum. he will go whereever he wants to go. he has a no-trade clause so the lakeres can't trade him to places he doesn't like.

he has the power now. if he wants to go to houston, lakers would have to facilitate that.

14. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I dont know, he is a great player, but I dont like his attitude, he is a egomaniac, sure he can score a lot of points, but is a cancer in the locker room.

maybe only they sign him for just one year, we win the championship and we trade him for other player.

I like garnett over kobe

15. rocket3forlife2

If you say no then you have to be just plain stupid!I love you t- mac, but kobe is the best player in the world right now!plus he have a killer instinct this team hasn't seen since hakeem.

16. jordan_123

jordan_123 Member

yao in his prime?

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I wouldn't say they have no shot. If the Fakers want a superstar in exchange for Kobe, who is available? Would the Mavs trade Dirk? Would the Spurs trade Duncan? Would the Heat trade Wade? Would the Cavs trade LeBron? Would Phoenix trade Nash or Amare? Would the Blazers or Sonics trade their top 2 picks?

If they want a superstar, the Rockets would be their best shot at one. If they wanna rebuild, then deal with the Bulls or Bricks. Something tells me Buss and Phillip aren't too keen on starting over from scratch though. Who the hell's gonna pay to see a 30-35 win Laker squad next season?

18. Rocket G

Rocket G Contributing Member

Amel faints!

Seriously, you probably just gave the guy a heart attack with that comment. If Vspan were traded to the LA Sparks, THAT would be Amel's new favorite basketball team...

19. updawg

updawg Member

as much as Kobe annoys me, you'd still have to trade TMac for Kobe
    <cringe>

20. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

u underestimate laker fans brother. they're LOYAL. u do remember the period they struggled after magic announced his retirement. they still sold out.

they still sold out the yr after shaq left and kobe was injured and struggled for the majority of the yr.

hell, the dodgers sell out and they suck.