1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The "Random Rocket Trade Proposals" Thread - 2007 Offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 13, 2007.

1. Pocket Rockets

what makes you think it will go unused?

i mean worst case scenario we will use part of it on a NBDL player, possibly another euro player, and then try and use the rest of it on bonzi.

2. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

Depending upon what Toronto thinks of Bonzi, here's a trade that I believe would cure our PG/PF positions.

Houston sends Wells/Head/Sura (expiring contract)/#26 pick to Toronto.

Toronto sends Calderon(PG)/Garbajosa(PF) to Houston.

Garbajosa has range out to the 3pt line (.342) & Calderon gives us a legit PG. Unfortunately, we might have to substitute Battier for Bonzi & that would be the deal killer for me. I think Battier's offensive role is going to increase under Adelman & every team has to have a defensive stopper. That's why I wouldn't trade Battier.

3. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

I think Calderon and Garbajosa are too valuable for Toronto to give up for a #26 pick.

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

Atlanta have the 3rd and 11th picks. Each year they're adding lottery picks to their roster without improving.

If they're looking to dump Claxton's contract while shoring up their frontcourt. This is workable, JHo for Claxton+11th pick. They save a year off Speedy's contract but at the same time fill some needs on their team, ie vet leadership and depth at the 4.

<TABLE border="1" style="border-spacing: 0px">
    <TR><TD>claxton<TD>lue<TD>a.johnson<TD> -> <TD>conley/3rd<TD>lue<TD>a.johnson
    <TR><TD>jj<TD> <TD> <TD> -> <TD>jj<TD> <TD>
    <TR><TD>smith<TD>childress<TD> <TD> -> <TD>smith<TD>childress<TD>
    <TR><TD>marvin<TD>shelden<TD> <TD> -> <TD>marvin<TD>juwan<TD>
    <TR><TD>zaza<TD>wright<TD> <TD> -> <TD>zaza<TD>shelden<TD>wright
    </TABLE>
    With the 3rd pick in hand they could go after Mike Conley jr. atlanta's overall roster is also looking a whole lot better.

<TABLE border="1" style="border-spacing: 0px">
    <TR><TD>alston<TD>spanoulis<TD>lucas<TD> -> <TD>alston<TD>claxton<TD>lucas
    <TR><TD>mcgrady<TD>head<TD> <TD> -> <TD>mcgrady<TD>head<TD>26th
    <TR><TD>battier<TD>childress<TD> <TD> -> <TD>battier<TD>snyder<TD>
    <TR><TD> <TD> <TD>novak<TD> -> <TD>11th<TD>hayes/fa<TD>novak
    <TR><TD>yao<TD> <TD> <TD> -> <TD>yao<TD>deke/fa<TD>
    </TABLE>
    The 11th pick could allow the Rockets to draft a PF in Joakim Noah or Al Thornton. If not then Acie Law, Javaris Crittenton, or Rudy Fernandez.

In Free agency the Rockets go after a more proven PF with the full MLE available even if they drafted one. That list would include:

Anderson Varejao
    Mikki Moore
    Travis Outlaw
    Andres Nocioni
    Jamaal Magloire

-potential-
    Andray Blatche
    Amir Johnson
    Ersan Ilyasova
    Melvin Ely

-vets-
    Chris Webber
    PJ Brown
    Joe Smith
    Kelvin Cato

-other-
    Austin Croshere
    Mike Sweetney
    Stanislav Medvedenko
    Danny Fortson
    Scot Pollard

5. crazyguypete

crazyguypete Member

If one wanted to blow up the team how about Yao Ming for Gilbert Arenas. I dont know necessarily if I'd be for it, but if management wants up tempo you could run with Gilbert and Mcgrady Battier still provides the D and maybe in free agency pick up a nice center/pf like Varejo. Also this means you could trade Alston or Head for a decent Big man or a decent forward.

6. Vivid

Vivid Member

That would kind of be amazing...I would even throw in our 26th pick this year... We could use a Noah or a Thornton and Law would be be great at point (maybe Jilian drops). Claxton gives us another rotation player. We go hard after Nocioni and pick up Francis for the Vet min. Trade Sura, Battier, Head, Alston and fut 1st for Lewis...

Francis/Claxton/Vspan
    Tmac/Wells
    Lewis/Snyder/Novak
    Nocioni/Noah/Hayes
    Yao/Jake

What's sad is Hayes is now legitimately a 3rd string power foward, shows us how weah we were at that position. Tmac and Lewis and interchange positions...Nocioni and Noah can shut down 3s and 4s....Lewis and Nocioni are good three point shooters and good rebounders...Noah can play the 5 in backup minutes against smaller quicker 5's i.e. Harrington. Niether Claxton or Francis are great distributers but Tmac is a great playmaker and in Adelman's offense the frontcourt is put in position to be playmakers sometime...i.e. Webber and Miller average 6 apg so hopefully Yao and Nocioni pick up some of the playmaking responcibilities...

We could also keep Battier as a super 6th man and go for a Sura Head ft 1st and get Artest, hope Jilian falls to us and go with:

Francis/Alston/Claxton
    Tmac/Wells/Vspan
    Artest/Battier/Snyder
    Nocioni/Jilian/Hayes
    Yao/Jilian

Artest and Battier can shut down the 2s and 3s and Jilian can play back up 5 along with solid minutes at the 4. We move one of our pgs at the trade deadline for something we need.
    -V

7. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

Vivid --

I love the enthusiasm....but you're crazy

8. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

The Rockets need a PG,PF, Bench, and a new back for McGrady :( , I honestly would try to trade T-Mac and build around Yao, having two max players is killing our ability to get the players we need to have a TEAM.... this team ain't gonna win with minor changes....

9. rsx_htown

rsx_htown Contributing Member

Everyone is talking about mike bibby ,but i remember him having horrid defense

10. Vivid

Vivid Member

Craziness aside...if we could resign Wells and pick up Francis we would still have a solid team with hooroo's trade:

Francis
    Tmac
    Battier
    Noah
    Yao

11. Barkley

Barkley Member

Isiach said he wants Francis back in NYK. But Francis said he wants a buyout

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Do you have a link to that information?

13. Barkley

Barkley Member

14. Melo

Melo Member

15. Coogie3

Coogie3 Member

I'm not sure anybody has said this yet and I'm sure it's come up somewhere...but how about Tracy McGrady for Kobe Bryant. Kobe isn't happy in L.A. and he said he's leaving unless they bring back Jerry West. He wants to play for a championship caliber team. Kobe and Yao would be one of the greatest duos in the league.

The salaries work (http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=532~110&teams=13~10) but Kobe would have to agree to the deal.

Just a thought, but I think Houston would be one of Kobe's choices. Most likely not #1 though.

What better way to piss off Shaq, then to join forces with Yao?

16. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

That would be amazing, I really like KOBE's game, BUT I think it would take more than just T-mac to get this deal done, I would give Battier also, everyone knows T-Mac's back is hanging by a thread so I don't think they will even consider a trade for T-Mac. Only CRAZY Rockets fan's can't see that T-Mac is a shell of his former self...the man has got to go...I'd even trade him for RonRon...

17. jordan_123

jordan_123 Member

kobe wants to be traded if west is not hired

18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

howbout bibby & ronron for tmac and anyone sacto wants except for yao & battier?

19. DaRhx5

DaRhx5 Member

Tmac is not getting traded, think up other trades

20. Rainkky

Rainkky Member

Maybe we can sigen Jasikevicius.
    Is there Anybody agree with me? :)