1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Holy Smokes: Portland is going to be loaded

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rterry, May 23, 2007.

1. rterry

rterry Contributing Member

There was a compilation of a lot of Portland blogs on Espn and a few of them said that Portland wants to make a run at Rashard Lewis and with Durant going to Seattle why would Rashard say no. Starting lineup for Portland:

Jarret Jack
    Brandon Roy
    Oden
    Randolf
    Lewis

Bench:

Dickau/Jones
    Lafrentz/Magliore/Przbilla
    Aldrich/Outlaw
    Darius Miles?

The have a very rich owner, but they will have to unload something(s). Too bad we don't have anything worth trading.

2. LFE171

LFE171 Member

agreed. but u put this in the wrong forum.

3. rterry

I forgot Martell Webster too!

4. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

unless roy and oden develop into at least all-stars next yr, they'll fight for the 8th spot only. they're still 2-3 yrs from being a contender.

but they'll be fun to watch.

5. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

Great point. But move this....

6. rterry

Sorry, wrong thread. I'm guessing Clutch has to move?

7. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

I put this in another thread but Portland also has FOUR 2nd round picks. They will be trading...

8. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Because they can find a better trading partner than their division rival.

9. rterry

If Rashard wants to go to Portland, Seattle can't stop him. He can opt out of his contract, and therefore, would have to agree to any sign and trade Seattle arranges.

10. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Why would he want to go to Portland?

11. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Lol tha was what i was thinking...1 and 2 picks go to the great northwest.....no one wants to go there and they get condemmed to there hahah...

12. rterry

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and a great young team in the same area of the country he now lives.

13. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Would rather go to Orlando...

14. New Jack

New Jack Member

I don't know how much money Portland can offer him, but he did have his best season playing under Nate McMillan.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

if lewis went to portland i would go with this lineup

C - Oden
    PF - Randolph
    SF - Lewis
    SG - B Roy
    PG - Jack

Miles - (if he got his head out of his a**) back up the SG/SF minutes
    Aldridge - back up ALL of the C/PF minutes should get right around 30 min or so

thats freaking solid. and whoever said they would fight for the 8th spot in the East is dead wrong. those guys have hardly any exp. but Oden will make THAT much of an impact on defense. Randolph would be able to put all his energy into offense. And brandon roy can do his jack of all spades. And you can have Aldridge coming off the bench to do his thing against 2nd team players. thats 4th-6th seed right there.

16. triplebogey

triplebogey Member

portland might be better off trading zach randolph (who makes close to max money? and has some "character" issues) for a SF and then going with aldridge as PF. they'll take some lumps for a year or two with such a young frontline, but in 2-3 years, they'll contend for the western conference with an experienced oden, aldridge, and roy (plus whoever else they add from the randolph trade). things look really good for them, all of a sudden.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I wouldn't give up on Randolph unless they get a good young PG in return. Keep in mind Randolph has never been on a good team and low block offense is tough to come by and an absolute necessity in the west. Despite character issues Randolph has shown mental toughness playing through some injuries and supporting his teammates from the sideline despite being in a cast and the season being over. What he lacks in defense Oden may be able to negate, and Oden's offensive game should be limited early on. So it works out.

In pursuit of Lewis you would think they would inquire about an Oden and pieces 4 Durant and Lewis.

They do have a lot of players to work with. Maybe they can get something out of Miles, I doubt they can trade him. They have a great coach but need a PG. I agree though, like many Blazer teams before them this incarnation is stacked with potential.

18. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I know Randolph rhymes with Gandalf, but it isn't spelled the same way. :D

19. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Just like our Rockets!!! :p

20. sbyang

sbyang Member

Do you really want Randolph to be showing Oden the ropes? Now that Portland has Oden, they should cut ties with Randolph and Miles as soon as possible, make a clean break with their past to usher in the new era. They did a good job last year getting rid of Telfair and Patterson, they need to continue cleaning house.