1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are you looking forward to in the new, Adelman-style Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Northside Moss, May 23, 2007.

1. Northside Moss

Now, I'll be the first to say I really liked JVG and wished the guy had stayed. However, the choice of Adelman gets me pretty pumped too and got me expecting some things from what's looking to be a milestone Rockets season.

I'm looking forward to seeing Luther Head dunk more. A lot more.
    I'm looking forward to seeing the "100%" Bonzi.
    I'm looking forward to seeing Yao using his Dream moves.

...What are you looking forward to?

2. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

i'll be looking for tracy to become on the level of kobe (in the eyes of the media) and the best player in the L

i'll be looking for yao to surpass duncan as the best big man

i'll be looking for our role players to make some shots

3. Stephen1616

Stephen1616 Contributing Member

I'm ready to see us NOT rely on the 3 and move without the ball. You Know. Basketball.

4. Aggie 99

Aggie 99 Member

See more than a 5 man rotation?

5. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Cuts to the basket

More screens off the ball to get players open midrange shots.

Luther Head continuing to develop his midrange jumper.

Vasillis Spanoulis putting up or shutting up now that he will have a coach not afraid to let him turn it over early in the season.

Novak showing us why we picked him last season.

6. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

Everything. I'm excited to see everything. :cool:

7. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

1) Not being dead last in the NBA in fastbreak points @ 6 and doubling the current level to ~12.

2) Adding new or current roster players players who contribute to #1.

3) Trading, waiving or not re-signing any players not contributing to #1.

8. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

Hopefully Adelman can find a way to utilize Yao's high post game effectively so he has more variety in his offensive arsenal. It would also be nice if he can somehow integrate Bonzi as he was in 2005-2006. Also make adequate roster changes, specifically at PG.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

More than 52 wins and get past the first round. I couldn't care less about how he does it - no defense, all offense, princeton offense, houston community college offense, whatever...

I can give him about 2-3 years to do it. I pray he only needs this year.

10. tmacattack131

tmacattack131 Member

I'm really excited about Adelman and what he brings to the table.

First of all I'm looking forward to seeing what he is going to do with our superstars. I want to see the game become much easier to tracy. I'm envisioning him coming off multiple screens and shooting a fade away or dishing it out an open cutter.

Yao is going to be the most intersting part because the way Adelman spoke, he made it sound as if Yao is MUCH MORE than a low post player (as if he had weapons that are not yet exposed in his career). I remember with Francis, Yao would shoot a couple of 18ft jumpers off a pick n roll and he hasn't done that the past couple years (which is something he sould do occasionally, because as adelman said, he shoots 87% from 15ft). The though of Yao being a playmaker from the high post excites me because it makes things alot more easier for tracy and other cutters benefiting from the open lane. If Yao's jump shot is indeed consistent (which I expect it to be) Centers have to respect that and guard him, which leaves the lane open for cutters and with Yao's size he should have the court vision to make the easy pass for easy buckets.

Third, which I just mentioned, easy buckets.

Finally I'm looking forward to seeing what role players Adelman's system will benefit most. In my opinion, I think its going to be Head, who is much more than a 3 point shooter because he has quickness and knows how to move without the ball (I noticed a couple times last year he would use screens to get open for the 3 point shot) and I want that part of his game flourished. I'm also hoping to see his system benefit Snyder who is a strong, athletic and quick 2 guard that can cut and slash and knows how to finish at the basket.

Also its intersting to see what players Adelman wants to bring from the draft/trade/free agency

I see a bright future for the rockets and I hope Adelman can make this team reach an elite level.

11. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

1. more movement without the ball!!!
    2. Pushing the tempo to run at times instead of pulling back every time
    3. Yao not always being the low block so he may be fresher & not beat up as much

12. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Battier's and Yao's screens. With Adelman's offensive complexity and the high IQ guys that the Rockets have, they should become the best screeners in the league.

13. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

:D

Some real basketball players who aren't one dimensional.

Players and the coach not saying "we need more intensity and energy, more passion, and play harder" ever other game.

14. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Lots of people moving with out the ball and getting more easy baskets.

15. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

creative offense making lots of layups for everyone.

same defensive mentality.

16. Pocket Rockets

17. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

Entertainment instead of anger/boredom :cool:

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

More movement, easier offense, and tailoring a system for the players.

DD

19. Fuse

Fuse Member

I'm actually just excited to see my screen in one piece from not screaming and kicking at it when I got pissed at us trying to do the same damn thing over and over again, when it didn't work.

20. FFz

FFz Member

Rockets basketball, where the crowd isn't out of it...

I hope there are some high scoring games, but only on our side. I hope that our defense from JVG carries over. I hope we're still prepared for every game and I hope no one gets injured.

Fast tempo all you want, but playing defense and rebounding is still key to winning in the post season.

Oh and i'm looking foward to those 17 foot jump shots from Yao again and T-mac taking it to the rack!!! Rafer going white chocolate on them!