1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JVG on PTI

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nice Rollin, May 22, 2007.

1. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

why does JVG think that way?

a coach is either defensive-minded or offensive-minded?

the game is played on both ends. u want to be BOTH. my goodness. no wonder our offense sucks.

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

correct.

morey is a stat nerd. he's able to find who's putting up the stats we need for the right price, etc, etc...

GM's don't really need basketball minds. let the coach tell the GM what kind of player he needs. the GM just needs to be a salesman, a deal maker. sweet talk the other GM's.

a good businessman/salesman would make a great GM as long as they listened to what the coach wanted on his roster.

3. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

I'm a JVG fan. Best of luck to him.

4. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Thanks for the upload batkins.

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

Maybe Dennis Lindsey will be the de facto GM when it concerns players?

Wasn't Morey hiring meant to prop up the business side of things anyway?

6. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks for the upload. I certainly believe that the JVG we saw in the media is not the JVG the players play so hard for. Obviously, the losing is deflating for him as a coach, but I think the real van Gundy is more like the guy we see on pbp and on Mike and the Mad Dog clips. He's never been THAT JVG with the Houston Media.

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

jvg is a good man. i hope his next team is awesome and i'll root for them unless they're playing us of course.

8. SupermanSK

SupermanSK Contributing Member

JVG is a good man but he is even a better coach.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No doubt about it, he is a very good man.

;)

DD

10. devin23

devin23 Member

He is funny and professional. But when it comes to coaching, sometimes u just love to hate him.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

What some people don't understand that the irritated Van Gundy was simply his game face.

Van Gundy doesn't live his life glum faced any more than Dikembe goes through life elbowing everyone aroune. It's just the game.

12. nomaanbaig

nomaanbaig Contributing Member

BOTTOM LINE is that JVG is ALL Class!

13. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

You think so? This was the scene after Deke went to the farmer's market on a trip to Virgina:
    [​IMG]

14. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

i do admit JVG is most likely not only a great man, but a great person. he looks like he's a great guy to hang around with.

but from a basketball standpoint, he's not the guy to take us far. simple as that. his philosophy and inability to adapt to today's style makes it tough.

15. djones

djones Member

JVG is a good guy and a good coach. I just don't think his style fits the western conference. If you take this Rocket's team with JVG to the east...we would be in the top 3 teams easy. San Antonio is a defensive team, but they can also score with you. You have to be able to score in the west.

I wish it could be more like football...JVG would be a great defensive coordinator. I'd even allow him to be the head coach with a good offensive coordinator.

16. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

good coach...great commentator...great guy..class guy...we'll miss him but hopefully Adelman will bring us success...
    if Adelman brings us succcess, we owe alot of it to JVG and how he molded some of these players (defensively)....
    good luck JVG

17. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

JVG is a fantastic man :D

18. whoisray

whoisray Contributing Member

I'll miss JVG but Adelman is growing on me. Will let the results speak next season. Thanks Batkins for the upload! :)

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

People may be surprised, but I agree with this statement 100%, JVG is not a good defensive coach, he is a GREAT defensive coach.

DD

20. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

:eek: Wow. I suppose we should clear out whole blocks where ever Dikembe is scheduled to appear. For who ever happens to be where Dikembe spontaneously decides to appear.......well, Lord help 'em.