1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does the handling of JVG shake your confidence on Daryl Morey?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ooliverb1, May 18, 2007.

Tags:
  1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

That's cause there a bunch of DUMB MOTHER FLOCKERS trying to RAM this crap down our throat, like EWE yourself, SHOR NUFF!

I can't wait till our up tempo team flames out in round 2 next year, like all the up tempo teams this year.

But anyway, as to the substance - No.

FB is entirely right.

You've shown that you're too dense or dumb to appreciate this all day long. People (like me) say "i'm not addressing the merits, I'm addrssing the procedure!"

And instead idiots like yourself address the merits, and/or make up lies about the procedure.

In conclusion - you're an idiot regarding this. That's why the only people who agree with you on this particular point are either one-trick morons or non-native english speakers.

#41 SamFisher, May 18, 2007
    Last edited: May 18, 2007
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Typical Sam,

Calling names because people disagree with you, how sad.

I get that we are talking about the way it was handled, and I have NO problem with it whatsoever.

There is generally not a good way to be fired.

And everyone knows you are just pissed he was fired, you aren't fooling anyone.....canvas it how you like, but your side lost...again.

DD

3. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Sam, you are seriously treading thin here. I disagree with Da a LOT, but calling everyone in here who thinks firing JVG was justified a moron or insinuating that people who don't speak English aren't smart enough to know your version of the truth is not only insulting, it's completely ****ing idiotic.

You're the one who is looking like a moron opening rooting for the Rockets to suck. In fact, that makes you worse - it makes you not a fan.

There are days I seriously hate the GARM.

4. BigEleven

BigEleven Member

Sam was merely stating a fact. Sad? What do you care as a jerk?

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For the record I don't think Sam is saying the firing was unjustified or not. He is saying that lying to the public and saying that JVG was thinking of retiring so that the management wouldn't look bad, was the problem.

6. DaDakota

BigEleven,

Let me understand you here. Because I have a different opinion or view from yours or Sam's it makes me a jerk?

I would like to point out that I am not the one calling people names.....

Look, I am just a Rockets fan like everyone else here. Nothing more.

Heck, I love sitting with fellow Rocket fans here in Austin and having a beer and discussing my team.....I don't agree with everyone, but I respect their views and opinions, even if I believe they are wrong.

But thanks for joining in a fight and calling names.....

And I am the jerk.... :rolleyes:

DD

7. DaDakota

That is not what he said in his post.......that Jeff was referencing. The thread is about that Franchise, but the post above was more about calling names and lacking in class, IMO.

DD

8. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Wow Sam Fisher has flamed out and officially been relegated to troll status. Lighten up Sam I am Fisherman this is a great day for the Rockets. And on the bright side for you is your man actually did a very good job announcing the Suns - Spurs game. It's his natural calling. If only he could have shown half the enthusiasm for a Rockets playoff game he would still be coaching.

9. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

In my book Morey has got to prove himself to the fans by getting the right coach [ Not Adleman] and the right players at PF and Playmaker PG :p

10. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

LOL ... is Sam Fisher having a hot flash or what?

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

The question posed in the title of this thread starts with the giant assumption that i had confidence in Morey to begin with. i don't know enough about him to have confidence in him. i'll tell you, his pedigree doesn't excite me. i've played fantasy basketball, too. do i get the job next?

12. waelhakmeh

waelhakmeh Member

no, we do agree with him. HOW this was handled was definitely not professional (the WHY can be argued elsewhere).

what we don't agree with is the idea that putting up 2,000 ppd (posts per day) makes a louder voice more correct, but i'm sure we'll see 500 posts retorting this...

13. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Fantasy basketball + cabin boy for a sunken Titanic + developing moneyball indices for ticket sale

14. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Rudy consistently underachieved with a good, young team, Dream basically was playing lazy trying to milk a huge contract out of the Rockets. Can you seriously look at Dream's efforts in Toronto and say that it was a good idea to sign him? Calvin Murphy!? Les Alexander is trying to win. If we kept Dream there's a chance we don't get Yao. If we keep Rudy the Rockets continue to underachieve. He did the right thing.

#54 RocksMillenium, May 19, 2007
    Last edited: May 19, 2007
  15. RocksMillenium

Yeah, and the way JVG has had players like Bonzi, V-Span and Oakley were classy. :rolleyes:

16. RocksMillenium

Better then the slow tempo flaming out in the first round. Dude grow up. Resorting to name calling because people disagree with you is lame and shows you have no credibility whatsoever.

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Scooter Computer

[​IMG]

and

Mr. Chips

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#57 MadMax, May 19, 2007
    Last edited: May 19, 2007
  18. RocksMillenium

Why don't you read Sam's post. That post was nothing but garbage attacking people. So it's a fact that everyone who disagrees with JVG is an idiot, moron and non-english speaker? You would have to be a jerk to agree with that and consider that fact.

19. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think you got Sam's point. He's not addressing whether or not you like Van Gundy, hate him, or think he bought his soul from the devil. He's addressing the thread idea ("the how"), and the deviation from into a rehash of the why.

This thread isn't about whether or not you "disagree with JVG", and whether or not he should have been fired. This is about the way it was handled, (as in the thread title: "Does the handling of...") As Sam put it,

Coarse? Sure. Perhaps Sam is implying only a person who doesn't understand the language would continue on the tangential path. I don't know.

20. RocketsFan95

RocketsFan95 Member

Sam, I am with you on the points/feeling about firing of JVG, but do not agree with your calling name and starting to pick on the people who vented their pleasures over the event. It is understandable some people hate JVG in their guts and comment/attack every aspect of JVG, including his personalities.

In fact, I also feel sad to see that the Rockets let go of JVG. Now it is clear it was Les's decision. We can not say anything about Morey. The judgement will be on him when we see the personnel moves and the effects on the following season.

Speaking of the procedure on this one, I think is was a disgrace on the part of Les. He could be much more frank and just say "I do not like your coach style and we need a change." and everyone will understand it. I dont think it is a nice thing trying to sugar coat it and force JVG to call it "a mutual decision".

And I am with you that, merit wise this is a bad decision too. Again, I believe that JVG has done a very good job with the players handed to him. Rockets of today is actually a very good team, a best team of the past 9 years, despite the fact that the roster has a severe deficiencies and low talent level. During the first two seasons of his coaching, JVG and CD worked so hard to clean up the mess left by Rudy T. This year the Rockets have pretty much cleaned up and ready to roll. At this point, Rockets is on the rise!

Now everything is up in the air again. I believe that firing JVG is a short sighted move. I do not think it is a good thing to change the head coaches every 3-4 years, especially when a coach is doing a good job, and the players, especially the superstars buy into his system.

I understand that most people are very happy about this change. I just want to point out that, the change may not make the team better. When people are so happy about what Rick Adelmen's hiring, please dont forget that, he was fired by the Kings, for his incompetence of the past couple of years.

That being said, do I want to see Rick being successful here? Of course I do. I think picking him is a lot more risky solution.