1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Les Alexander: does not respect the fans' intelligence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, May 18, 2007.

1. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

This is Sport and Sport is supposed to be a pure thing! Money is the root of much evil and when mixed with sports and the wealthy getting richer and more powerful it turns away from purity, thus the lies and the political pulling the wool over our eyes. Eventually Les will loose face ! It's about time that he sees the light and meets with his team's fans, before he enables anymore errors to be made.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I understand Les' wishes and why he does do business in the way he does.

But Sam is right, at a certain point, Les needs to realize that a quick amputation will actually be neater and more tidy then the prolonged sawing and tearing that happens trying to make it all very clean and pleasant for everybody.

3. RocketsFan95

RocketsFan95 Member

DD,

Do you notice that Rockets actually got better during JVG's term? I felt that the team this year is actually the best in the base 9 years. What makes to believe Rockets would "instantly" get better if we changed to Adelman? Remember that he was also fired from his coaching position.

I understand you hate JVG in your gut. Please just be objective enough and admit that Rockets under JVG did not get worse. The first two years of his term, he and CD were cleaning up the mess our "championship coach" Rudy left us. Only since last year Rockets started to have some flexibility to rebuild the team, and JVG did fairly good job this past season.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

LOL, PaPigeonkota you of all people should not lecture people about loyalty to their devotional causes over the rockets. You have been talking about your favorite seeds for YEARS - and you favor their interests over that of the farm as a whole.

Anway, I'm not taking any position on the merits of the move in this thread- there's a hundred other threads for that. I certainly am not going to not root against the rockets because of it, duhh.

This thread is about Liesle Alexander and his sniveling way of doing things. WHile I approved of Rudy's ouster, the Liesle way of doing it was deceitful. As was this charade.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yawn !

Les did what he had to do, it is his team....tough cookies for you Sammy dough boy !

DD

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No he didn't do what he had to do. He didn't have to get rid of Rudy the way he did. He could have gotten rid of Rudy and said that the team wanted to move in a different direction, so he was letting Rudy go.

The result would have been the same, the way it was done would have been more honest.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Oh boy, once again EWE show how far old man LE$$ has pulled the WOOL over your eyes, maybe EWE need a good shearing.

Perhaps you are so ADDLED, MAN, that you can't accept that my problem is precisely that HE DID WHAT HE FELT HE HAD TO DO....and did not have the BALLS TO TAKE CREDIT/HEAT until 2 weeks after it became apparent that that's what he was doing.

He might able to BAAAAHHHFFle your simple brain, as for me, I call it the right way.

8. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Uh, listening to Van Gundy's interview, didn't sound like he was coming back.

This is a guy driving a Honda Civic while he's head coach for the Knicks. It's not about the money with him.

9. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

LMAO :D

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

exactly. amel and his butt budy just throw dookie at the wall and hope it sticks.

11. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

Oh, you're clever. I like you.

12. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

None of our business? Anything that pertains to our team is our business.

13. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

Exactly.

14. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Seriously, stop posting. You can't make **** up about this issue like you have about players you saw play in preseason. There is only one conclusion that you can make from this situation- Van Gundy is the one comporting himself with class. He wanted to come back. His comments since he has been fired have not shown one iota of malice towards anybody in the Rockets organization.

15. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

JVG is loved by the media? :confused: Are you serious? If you've ever listened to Matt & Adam on 610, they both said everyone is afraid to even ask him a simple question.

16. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

And if we fans are not pleased, we can leave, and he can go bankrupt.

17. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

He did say he wanted to come back. But, you're right, JVG is not driven by money.

18. rigster

rigster Member

Thank God CD is gone. This is the man who picked Misad Turkan and Bryce Drew over Rashard Lewis. This the man who brought us Moochie Norris ,...twice. This is the man who traded Mike James for Rafer. Need I say more,.... As for Rudy his stepping down was four years too late. Thank you Les for realizing JVG was a mistake and correcting it.

19. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He wanted to come back as head coach. Not as a consultant. Morey confirmed that JVG declined that offer. He will not be affiliated with the Rockets next year -- he's not taking "hush money."

20. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

That's correct.