1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You must make a trade to build a champion

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rterry, May 9, 2007.

1. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

he is athletic dude. have u watched him? when he dunks, his head is near the damn rim. he just doesn't fit jackson's system. and he was injured this yr.

and he's slow?? undersized?? he's 7ft. and he's quick enough to guard PFs.

know the players first. and before anything, the lakers want to trade him before we want to trade howard. so we won't take back any bad contracts

2. demon77

demon77 Member

When you make a thread about trading one of our player, you better state the trade you want!!!! Try to be realistic and make sure it actually work!

Simply asking to trade yao or t-mac or whoever is pointless! gotta be more specific.

3. rterry

rterry Contributing Member

The point of the thread was that we should start re-building now, because we can't become an elite team with our salary cap situation. The only way to re-build is to get flexibility by trading Yao or T-Mac. But I can take it, flame away at these trades that I would make if the other team would bite and the salaries fit:

T-Mac for Redd, filler and a top 3 pick
    Yao for #1 pick plus gasol and filler
    Yao for #1 pick plus Al Jefferson, Szczerbiak, filler if needed
    McGrady for #1 pick plus Al jefferson, Szczerbiak, filler if needed
    McGrady, Howard for KG filler on either side to make work
    McGrady and any rockets beside Yao and Battier, for Lewis and Allen
    McGrady, Alston, and filler for Lewis, Allen, Ridnour
    McGrady for Igoudala, Miller, 1st rounder this year, 1st rounder 2009
    Yao for Bosh, Calderon, filler
    McGrady for Brand, maggette filler on either side
    Mcgrady for Brand, Livingston filler on either side
    McGrady for Brand, mobley, 1st rounder, filler on either side

4. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

If you trade away Yao/T-mac, you are definitely not going to win anything in the next 3-5 years.

We can still accumlate and grow talent without doing that.

5. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

i can't believe because of one series you people aer wantign to trade our franchise player (yao)...and even tracy....
    if we would have won game 7, everybody would be chanting MVP for both tracy and Yao......its ridiculous that because of a few bad breaks our season ended but you don't go and blow this team up...those of you that think that are clueless....i'm sure the rockets will add a few pieces here and htere to surround our 2 superstars and that will get us up there as a contender..and that is what i'm happy with...not the 4 million diffferent ideas people on this site have...from trading tmac and yao to the celts or having Battier become a player/coach for us :confused:
    un freakin believable!!!!!

6. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

if you trade Tmac and Yao, say good bye to 10,000 season ticket holders (and thats what les cares about)...including me..i would be on the phone to cancel within 5 minsutes and i wouldn't even care that I lost my deposit....
    tracy and yao put people in the seats...its a business....
    nobody is going to buy tickets for the future...they want to win now..

7. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Yeah, - i'm not advocating trading Yao or T-mac.

With those two in place, Les can fill the seats. So all he has to worry about is getting better.

I also don't advocate letting JVG go. But I do think he needs to think a bit longer term and the "win-now" pressure has to be taken off him and institute a 3 year plan. We need to get better - better playoff success - not better regular season records.

8. rennaisnz24

rennaisnz24 Member

I think this combination doesn't need to be broken up. We just need to add another guard and a 4. I don't think anyone wants to rebuild.