1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Foreign players exposed.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by otisthorpe3, May 6, 2007.

1. otisthorpe3

otisthorpe3 Member

Foreign players like Dirk and Yao were exposed these playoffs.

2. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Other foreign players like Nash, Boozer were proven. One star. Done.

3. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Otis Thorpe 'bout to rip yo head off and shove some nasty stuff down that neck.

4. MSrockets

MSrockets Member

how do you get to start a crappy thread like this when i have good thoughts that i cant portray in new threads.

For some optimism: look at peyton and the colts in the nfl. they have had (arguably) the best team in the nfl for some five years now and until this year they never made it to the superbowl.

My point is often times players go through excrucitiating heartaches before they make it to the top. This series hurt tmac/yao deeply(moreso than the dallas series i believe) and this low point in their careers together will only make them stronger.

Keep this team together, pray for no injuries, and tmac and yao will come through after learning from previous playoff downfalls.

5. TYAOC

TYAOC Member

Stupid thread I have never seen.
    plz check out how many foreign players are in jazz team,
    they just beat us a few hours ago.

6. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Boozer is from Alaska.

Don't forget Okur, Giricek, and Kirilenko. They were quite good in helping to dismantle the Rockets in Game Seven.

7. waterflea

waterflea Member

Just the opposite, the Rockets need to find more foreign talents to help this team out just like other great teams did. We wont get all of them from the picks and trades.

Last time I checked, except GS, all teams that advanced to the 2nd round in the west at least have 3 or more foreign players in their regular rotations. So does the bulls. And most importantly you can sign many foreign talent players much cheaper than those in this country.

I foresee more talented foreign players or even coaches will come to this league and change the landscape of it in the years to come.

But, the rockets had a history suck in draft picks and JVG is terrible in using young/unproven players. I did not see a change if JVG is still at the helm of coach.

8. sun12

sun12 Member

That's funny. If the draft picks suck, then how do you expect JVG to use them? I have to laugh on this.

9. vmac

vmac Member

Nice post dude. Finally, something positive that takes me out of all this negativity a little bit.

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

die in a car fire a hole

11. waterflea

waterflea Member

I mean the draftpicks sucked even before JVG came here. How many picks we gave up for E. Griffen? or we may have another scorer in Jefferson which will make the team much better. JVG gets his blame cuz his failure in developing the likes of Boki, Novak, VSpan, which are decent picks but not well-utilized and developed under him.

Even we cant use them right now, better sending them to the NBDL than letting them rot on the bench and lose all the confidence to play.

12. Kyrodis

Kyrodis Contributing Member

More like...second-tier all-stars that pose as "superstars" who have excellent offensive games but are liabilities on the defensive ends were exposed as too one-dimensional to help push their teams over the top.

Dirk and Yao are similar in that when they're not scoring, it's difficult for them to help their teams in other areas. Dirk's as soft as a creampuff, and Yao (bless his heart, for I know he tries his best) is just too physically slow to be rebounding machine or to keep up a guy as skilled as Boozer on defense.

On offense, they were both taken completely out of the game. Defend Dirk with a shooting guard and he does nothing but chuck up fadeaway 3-pointers. Defend Yao with someone who's physical and continually bumps him out of his comfort zone, and he'll fade as well.

We were building this team around the assumption that we have two dominant superstars. We don't. What we have is a slightly over-the-hill superstar and a second-tier all-star. If we want to win, we'll need another borderline all-star player a la Dirk, Howard, Terry; or Parker, Ginobili, Duncan; or Nash, Stoudemire, Marion.

13. FJY

FJY Member

Duncun, Nash, Tony, Genoblily, Boozer exposed.

14. nycundaground

nycundaground Member

Lol Genobily. Why do people think that Boozer is from France? Didn't you guys watch his biography during one of the TNT Inside the NBA game's?

15. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

Stupid thread. It actually isnt even a thread, it is just an uninformed statement. If you are gonna start a thread at least make some supporting statement or pose a question.

I guess American players were exposed as well in this playoffs like Shaq, Wade, Kobe, AI, Melo, Tmac, and Dwight Howard. Damn, the sucky American players.

16. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

quit ruining OT's good name

17. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

And yet foreign players like Nash, Raja, Barbosa, Duncan, Parker, and Manu are doing pretty well...

18. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

Not foreign. It's the US virgin Islands.

19. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

people like you should not be able to make threads

20. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

compelling...

and rich.

:rolleyes: