1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tierre Brown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tozai, Oct 19, 2001.

1. tozai

tozai Member

Damn, I know this was only one preseason game, but were any of you all as impressed as I was. I know Calvin Murphy was, but what do you all think. I'm pretty sure he won't make the roster, but I wish he did.
    It looks like Nwanko,Kelly, and Brown will be cut.
    I also thought Langhi and Collier were majorly sucking it up. Langhi should really be cut now(especially with play of Morris and Torres)
    Is it at all possible to keep Brown?
    He had really good handle, court vision, passing, decent shot, and could easily take it to the hole.

Looking Real Good
    Steve/Mooch/ Damon and/or brown

Looking Good
    Cuttino/Torres

Unsure, but looks good
    Rice/Morris Langhi?

NOt bad in preseason, but we'll see
    KT/Griffin MoT(injured)

Dont disappear MR. OCtober
    Cato/Collier

Is it 12 or 15 spots? This sucks cause I really like Jones and Brown.

Pres of T. Brown fanclub

2. ejax06

ejax06 Member

I was just as impressed with Tierre Brown. It's true it was only one preseason game, but I have heard good things about him since the beginning of training camp. But the Orlando game was the first time he had a chance to play for more than a couple minutes. He really looked good tonite --- especially penetrating and passing the ball. He would be good insurance incase Steve or Moochie got injured. I really hope the Rockets find a way to keep him on the squad because if he continues to play like this some other team will scoop him up if the Rockets cut him.

3. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, I didn't see the game tonight...but what I have seen of Tierre up to this point (all the other preseason games, I think) has been far less than impressive. I don't think he is better than Jones, and I would be surprised if Jones made the roster. With Steve and Moochie, we frankly have more than enough PGs I feel, because both should get as many minutes as possible.

4. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

The way Tierre played tonight, Mooch's minutes might be in trouble. He made some flashy passes and some great aggressive drives to the basket. If he can play this way during the rest of the preseason games, Rudy will have no choice but to keep him. He was extremely impressive tonight!!!

5. GotGame15

GotGame15 Member

Yes, Tierre Brown did play a good game, he was shakin Troy Hudson on the offensive end.

Why are you bringing in Cato into this category? What's wrong with you?

6. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Even though he played well tonight, Tierre Brown doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell making the active 12 man roster.

I see the roster being:
    Rice
    Thomas
    Cato
    Mobley
    Francis
    Norris
    Griffin
    Collier
    Williams
    Torres
    Morris
    Nwanko

with
    Mo, Langhi, and maybe Damon Jones on the IR

It's not fair because he's probably better than Collier and Nwanko but we have too many perimeter players and he's the odd man out.

7. B

B Contributing Member

I have watched all of the preseason games, and this is the only game I've had an above average impression of Brown. I am EXTREMELY impressed with Oscar Torres. Steve has played well, and hopefully he'll be healthy enough to continue to put up great numbers. Morris has impressed me with his all around game. KT the last three games has shown some heart, and that he is willing to work hard as a starter. Cato I try to not think too much about in the preseason. JC has a good midrange shot, but if we have to start him at center at some point this season we could be in a lot of trouble. Speaking of Jason, I hope that Jason and Dan do not share the floor together except in garbage time. You would think Dan scoring 14 points would be a good thing, but if you watched the game you would know that it looked really bad. I recall only being please with his effort twice. One time he faked a three, took a few steps in and drained the shot, and another time he made a good cut to the basket for a layup. Other than that, I thought he was a detriment to the team offensively and defensively. I really don't hate Dan, I just wish he'd play well in the games so I could understand why Calvin, Bill, Rudy T and other people say so many good things about him.

Well, I think we could have a good team this year, but I think we will have a slow start, and not play to our full potential until the second half of the season. I hope I'm wrong, and we have a great start, but to me it looks like we will only win 2-4 of our first 10 games.

B

8. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

I agree B -we are going to be starting really slow. I hate to say this, but we will be lucky to win more than 45 games this year. I really like the speed and athleticism of this team, but we need a big man. I rellay hope Cato can play decent....