1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official "How are you holding up?" thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Hakeem06, May 4, 2007.

1. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

I just wanted to get an idea of how people are doing emotionally and physically out there.

Personally, playoff time is fun but also AWFUL on me. It is so damn stressful and after last night's loss I didn't get a lot of sleep last night. Hell, I didn't get any sleep before Game 5 either. Stomach was in knots last night and still upset today.

I wanted to know if anyone else out there gets this way too. My wife thinks I'm insane and sometimes I can't blame her. I'm A LOT better about yelling at the TV during games, even though I gave Dick Bavetta a verbal lashing last night, JVG would have been proud of me.

Anyway, everyone give an update. I figured this would be somewhat fun and gives some us a break from Yao & T Mac suck threads.

2. nahmorlah

nahmorlah Contributing Member

I wanna punch a bunch of people here.

3. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Contributing Member

i was hoping we would clinch in game 6 so i could study for finals over the weekend.

4. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

I'm getting to bed too late after staying up on clutch bbs posting my opinions.

The lay off days like today are painfully slow and game days get me so riled up.

I'm hanging in there, but if we lose tomorrow I will be in the dumps for about a week. I don't even want to think about life without the Rockets.

5. rocketscience84

yea me too...now i feel distracted til Saturday night.

6. Rockets64

Rockets64 Member

Rockets are in great shape going into Game 7. Of the three road games we played at Utah, Game 6 was clearly our best road performance. We've yet to lose at home.

This thread will be more appropriate if we somehow lose Game 7.

7. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

A little tired from staying up to watch the Stephen Jackson show, but otherwise fine.

8. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

im going crazy. i actually wanted dallas to win last night so the game time would be earlier...

im ready for game 7. we got this!

9. explode211981

explode211981 Contributing Member

Horrible. Does anyone like sit in a cretin position and not move. I have this cretin position I get in when they play crappie and it seems to work. I can't believe last night. I hate Turkish what a girl. If your going to pump fake and try to draw contact don't be a !@#$% and cry when someone hits you. That was a bogus call just like all the other ones. McGrady couldn't get to the line last night to save his life. I'm so frustrated....

10. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Not well... Many of my friends think I've lost my mind with all the time and stress I've been spending on the Rockets. :(

11. ThaShark316_28

I'm nervous as hell...

I keep wondering about what would happen if we won.

I keep wondering about what would happen if we lost....

I keep thinking about how are we going to show up tomorrow night...flat? Hot? Flat then hot? Hot then flat...Hot all night, flat all night...

Is T-Mac gonna be smoking tomorrow night...(i can see that)...is Yao going to be like he was most of the season and destroy...or will the exact opposite happen and they both will have bad nights...

Will Utah come out fierce, or will Utah come out like the Rockets did in game 7 vs. Dallas and just suck...Will they be terrible shooting wise, or will they come out smoking from the field....all this stuff is running through my head....

Will this msg board be happy, or sad...

Tune in tomorrow night....

Rockets in 7.

101-79.

12. LAYGO

LAYGO Contributing Member

Hell, I chant defense at home. I'm riled up *NOW*.

Can't wait to get to the game tomorrow!

13. Rulow00

Rulow00 Member

I feel the same exact way. But I will be pretty ticked off tomorrow if we lose.

14. LAYGO

LAYGO Contributing Member

On top of it all, I spent the last 5 hours AT WORK searching for reasonably priced tickets!

15. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

This being my first true NBA playoff experience as a fan, its excruciating.

First of all, I feel pressure and I'm not even on the team! Every game it gets worse. It's like all the games that they won during the season were useless if we lose this first series. All the good things that have been accomplished this year, gone, in the blink of an eye if we don't win Saturday.

Last night I felt so nervous my stomach recoiled after dinner, it took three beers before my stomach settled while watching the game.

Everytime they show the crowd in either arena I get so jealous, envy hits me square in the stomach like a well placed bunch and I lose my breath for an instant.

With every missed shot I groan in anguish. With every layup the Jazz make I curse and tally up who has missed a rotation or assignment in my head. With every blown foul call I cry out and slam my fist on the nearest pillow or the arm of the sofa.

But with every good play I am ecstatic, like I was given a wonderful gift that I didn't expect.

This is soooo much worse than the NCAA tournament. It's so many games against the same team in such a short period of time. That with each game you just get more and more adrenaline running through your system.

Let me just say this, I have never had a dream about a sporting event before in my life. But last night after listening to NBAtv discuss all the things that went right for the Jazz and wrong for us, I had a dream that involved both of these two teams.

They were playing a game, and I was on the sideline of the action, JVG next to me, I distinctly remember the glare of the lights off his lovely little head. The game was tied and I watched anxiously as each team traded baskets. The horn blew, and it was overtime. So the game started up again and the teams went back and forth trading baskets or fouls until the horn blew again, and the score was still tied. So they started up again.

This went on for I don't know how long and the game just wouldn't end. Neither team was giving up and neither team could get the stop or the points to win the game.

It was horrible. Thank god I woke up. The stress of a never ending game is now my worst nightmare! LOL

But you know what, I am having a ton of fun following this series. I only wish there was someone closer to home who gave a darn that I could share the ups and downs with.

So how am I holding up? It's debatable, but I think I am doing just fine... since there is no such thing as a never ending game.

Rockets in 7, just like the experts said. Let's hope they were all right.

16. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I did that last night too!!

When the crowd was starting to get into it at ESA I was clapping and shouting defense as well. Glad to know I'm not alone!

17. rockingsoul

rockingsoul Contributing Member

Very stressful. I had to masturbate at the beginning of the 4th Q of game 5 and told myself not to release until the game was over, coz if not then I would probably die of tension. it worked. I didn't do the same thing for game 6, we lost. I am gonna do the same thing for game 7!

18. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

LOL!

Same here. I keep searching here and the rest of the net looking for any tidbit of info (as if there's some incredible revelation out there) about game 7 to hold me over. It's like I can't resume normal life until this series is resolved. And then the horrible cycle starts all over again (I'm assuming) against GS. I know I can't wait to get my drink on for this one. I'm getting hammered, for only one of two reasons. Let's hope it's the good one.

19. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Good and Bad. I try to do things during the next day after a loss to keep my mind off of the Rockets. Do a little fishing. Watch the birds. Play with the dog. Jump rope and hit the punching bag to kill some time. It helps that I live on Galveston bay, but not that much. The hopes and fears that go along with an upcoming game 7 are right there, ruling my thoughts. There is no escape. Just have to deal with it and believe, believe.. they have to get this done, they have to.

20. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

I don't know about the rest of you outside of Houston but it feels worse not being around a lot of fellow Rockets fans who can understand what I'm going through.

Since the T-Wolves suck no one around here gives a rats @ss about the NBA and half the time I gotta beg my bar to put on the games rather than showing the Twins on every single screen in the bar.

It also sucks getting mocked when I'm freaking out about the Rox, or people cheering on the Jazz, not that T-Wolves fans have any reason to root for the Jazz other than both states are chock full of pasty colored people. :mad: