1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eddie Griffin v Marc Jackson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WoodlandsBoy, Oct 19, 2001.

1. WoodlandsBoy

WoodlandsBoy Contributing Member

I know everyone on this board is really p!ssed about the Marc Jackson scenerio but I wanted to put in my two cents. The Warriors did help us with the biggest acquistion this offseason.

They picked Jason Richardson instead of Eddie Griffin with the 6th pick of the draft allowing the Rox to swoop in and pick up Griffin with the 7th pick trade.

Personally I am happy we got Eddie because I have so much trust in Rudy T development of young talent. I know it won't be wasted. And if I was to pick one of the two I know I would rather watch Eddie Griffin than Marc Jackson.

So lets not forget how good we will be and how bad GS is gonna be again even with their strong front court players.

2. TxCowboy96

TxCowboy96 Member

You have a point there! I am not pissed that this whole Jackson fiasco - that Golden State had matched it. I am pissed the way they handled it! Waiting all summer long, then waiting until the wee hours of the 15th day to match it! That is what I was annoyed at! So, I feel more for the guy than the whole thing. But I do think Eddie will really come through for us. By having Jackson, that would have put Eddie back a bit sitting behind Thomas and Jackson - and then when Mo comes back we would have 2 guys with 5 years left on their contracts. So, this way now, Eddie can make his mark and prove that he is the bonafide player he is. I think he will become a more solid player once he gets his feet wet and start playing more. And TMo has been pretty good from what I have seen of the late. We have a dynasty in the making! With youngsters of Francis, Mobley, Griffin, TMo, Mo, and the Slide (Drexler's twin) And whoever plays center. :D

3. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Moral of the story: You can count on the Golden State Warriors to do the stupid thing twice in a row. However, you cannot count on both of those stupid things to work in your favor.

4. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

It wasn't so much Eddie Griffin vs Marc Jackson, it was depth. What would you rather have, Griffin, or Griffin and a 4/5 to add depth to the team? That's what we lost.

5. University Blue

Let's not get carried away -- not everyone.

If Houston intends to contend, they will need more than mediocre/average front-line player(s). Jackson is mediocre.

Cato was un-motivated...and is now un-proven.

Collier...is not Doleac, Mihm, or DeClerq. Heck, Collier isn't even Rebraca.

Griffin will need time to develop.

Morris is also a rookie, but he's probably the only front-line player, although not a C, I'm most comfortable with (in the line-up).

University (Does CD know Detroit's number?) Blue

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm glad that GSW picked Richardson instead of Griffin
    which caused him to slide down to the 7th pick and the trade with the Nets,but if we had gotten Jackson it would have added depth to our shallow frontcourt,Jackson could play as a 4 and a 5 and could have taken off some pressure from Griffin. I just wanted to make a correction GSW picked Richardson with the 5th pick,Battier was selected with the 6th pick by the Grizzlies.

7. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

I can't wait to watch Torres this year.

hehe...when I go to games, I might start a "Toooorrrrrreeeeeees!" chant. :cool:

8. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Good point, but they really didn't need EG. Richardson looks like an incredible athlete with real skills.

MJ would have helped, but hey we lost that one...we need to press.

9. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Morris will have a hell of a time guarding the big men in the league. At this point, far too skinny to hang with most Power Forwards or Centers.

He is pretty much strictly a 2 or 3.