1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kerr just says......

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MLittle577, May 4, 2007.

1. jinyaomac

jinyaomac Member

Warriors just knocked out #1 seed Mavs... They will be confidence whoever they face with moving on.. and I kinda agree with Kerr about Yao....But LETS WIN GAME 7 FIRST!!!!

GOGO ROCKETS !!! :D

2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

this reminds me when we were close to losing to phoenix in 95 and people were saying, it didn't matter cause no way we could beat san antonio.

there might not be a team in the league as athletic as the warriors. that doesn't mean they're unbeatable. we're extremely capable of imposing our style on them.

if we make the second round we'll have homecourt and i'll definitely expect us to take care of them.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i'm worried that if Rafer clangs his 3s, the GS Warriors would fast break and JRich Dunk, we aren't fast enough to stop that.
    we need to stop jacking 3s and just play inside the whole game.

Rafer clangs = JRich Dunks

4. bfunw

bfunw Contributing Member

Exactly.

5. wzl

wzl Member

dude ,come down! and let't see what an answer the rockets wiil bring for us in game 7

6. bfunw

bfunw Contributing Member

For some reason I HATE the word "imposing."

7. Roll-Wit-Da-Mac

Well first of all, the rockets need to get out of the first round. The rockets are no where near as energized as those youngsters from the warriors. But I think the Rockets D can slow them down a bit. The way the Warriors beat Dallas, it seems like they can beat any other team right now. But I just have a feeling the rockets can beat them in a series.

8. stevesazninvazn

mmkay. I agree with Kerr for 3 reasons, all major.
    1. Baron Davis = 2(Rafer + Luther + VSpan + JL3 + Novak)
    2. They run. Pretty damn fast too in case you haven't noticed yet... (Can YOU see Yao running alongside Monta Ellis?!)
    3. GS has the most confidence in the world, and that's the key
    Oh and plus, I know if the Rockets lose to the Warriors, I'm never going to see the end of it. Being that I've dissed the Warriors every time we've played them this season and made all the GS fans admit that they suck... I'm about to receive the largest bung whoopin' the West Coast has ever seen. Any advice on coping with the stress and pain?

9. fredthered

fredthered Member

I think we would be insane to put Rafer on Davis. Put Battier on him (at first at least, and hope he can stay with him) and Tmac on Jackson. Those are their two major scorers (although who guards J Rich?), but their offense revolves around Davis and the 3 point line. However....we have a slightly important game on saturday night to worry about first.
    I still believe

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Both Jazz and Rockets have about the same chance of beating the Warriors...

Jazz-
    +Physical enough to quell the Warriors destructive offensive rhythm.
    +Athletic enough to run and limit the Warriors 2nd chances

Rox-
    Yao can't be stopped by the Warriors if we control the pace. We can do that at Toyota center if we dont turn it over but will be TOUGH at their place.

Snyder should get more minutes (Hayes too), he is bigger than head and can defend one of the many Warrior weapons. If JVG plays him then I would go as far as to label it Snyder's coming out party.

JVG and Sloan are notorious for playing their style and limiting drastic changes (especially JVG). This is a huge weakness for both teams in this case. Neither Houston nor Utah can beat soundly challenge the Warriors without some new tactics and rotations.

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I was wondering about who the Warriors would rather see too. I don't know if it really matters much to them because Utah and Houston are so similar. They'd get to the line more against the Jazz, but Davis would tear us up worse than he would the Jazz. Both teams play a slow-down, execution game. Either way, I don't think GS will win another round (of course, I gave them no chance against Dallas either).

12. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Utah would be a better matchup against the Warriors just because they have more athleticism and do a far better job at clogging the interior and preventing penetration than we do (their help defense is tremendous). As with a lot of other teams that employ a similar style, Yao Ming will be either a big advantage or a big liability, and the series would go as he goes.

If we make it that far, it will be Yao who has to drastically step his game up.

13. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

We will deal with the Warriors WHEN we get to them. Lets take care of the Jazz first!

14. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I don't think Yao/Rockets would have hard time in this series, because the Warriors have zero inside presence.

You could pack the paint, but you still have to worry about T-Mac and if the other shooters get hot...it won't work to their advantage, especially when they really can't double cover anybody and not reap for it.

15. blackistan

blackistan Member

Baron Davis will murder us just like every point guard this season has

16. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

I should probably add that there are three teams that would easily do away with the Warriors: Spurs, Pistons and Suns.

Rockets/Jazz are too inconsistent and not disciplined enough as the aforementioned three teams to impose their styles on the series, which makes the outcome very unpredictable because it depends on which team shows up on any given night.

17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

First, win Game 7.

Second, there difference between the Jazz and Rockets is so very very very small. It's right out there in front of our eyes. Carlos Boozer is more athletic than Yao, but Mehmet isn't that much. Deron Williams is more athletic than Rafer, but not really that much actually when you consider the way he plays. Tracy is more athletic than anyone on the Jazz. Battier holds his own. Luther is atheltic. Juwan and Deke aren't. Snyder can be, Chucky can be.

The Jazz are more athletic than the Rockets, but not by much, and they don't play like it regardless.

Both Utah and Houston will/would struggle with the Warriors, but either team could also sweep the Warriors.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Do you think he will . . uhm . . maybe Adjust?

Rocket River
    I hear coaches do that sometimes

19. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

I've really wondered about that. Could we slow them down with effective defense and make them play a 1/2 court game?

I do not know...

20. BroadwayBelm

BroadwayBelm Member

Kerr gets a pass in my book after his comment in the first 10 minutes of the game....

"hard foul there by jerry stackhouse, now if that was Stephen Jackson he probably would have gotten T'd up and thrown out the game."

P.S. I like how Reggie Miller took rational stances on foul calls last night in our game, like o that wasn't a charge, or he got away from one there. I don't recall him doing that. Juwan needs to kill a b****.