1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jazz have played well in all five games, Rockets one

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by solid, May 1, 2007.

Tags:
  1. solid

solid Contributing Member

So, it is time for them to have a clunker. Surely they can't play at the top of their game for six or seven consecutive games. If they can, they may win the series. The Rockets can't let that happen. As subpar as the good guys played in games 1 and 2, and, as absolutely awful as they played in games 3 and 4, they are up 3-2. To completely redeem themselves, they MUST win one on the Jazz home court. Seventh games are quirky, anything can happen, and the Jazz have played well on the Rockets home court. They mustn't get here.

I will hold my 4000th post until one of the two teams wins FOUR, see you then, hopefully to celebrate.

#1 solid, May 1, 2007
    Last edited: May 1, 2007
  2. TracyMcCrazyeye

it can be argued that both teams played poorly in games 1 and 2. i have only seen the jazz show up on 3,4, and 5.

3. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

I think that Jazz have played better than the Rockets have in their three losses, I will give you that. However it contradicts your argument to say that we played terrible but still beat a team that played "well."

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You count your posts??

;)

(I hope you're right, and the Jazz cough up a clunker in Salt Lake... unlikely!)

5. ikfit

ikfit Member

I still worry about our Rockets:

1. Our shooters are so inconsistent.
    2. Sloan is a good coach and he will don't let Tmac get so many Assist any more.
    3. Yao's TOs and his Os
    4. Tmac's health, they play so dirty.
    5. f king refs.

6. JVG, when our shooters are cold, he still have no idea what to do.
    7. Bench
    8. tired and high attitud in Utah.

6. spence99

spence99 Member

The Jazz have not played well in all 5 games. Both teams were hurrendous in game 3 - the rockets were just worse. I think the Jazz in games 4 & 5 were much better than they were in the first three, but they have not played well in all 5.

7. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

Good luck to your 4000th post.

8. Yakapo

Yakapo Member

Jazz have won 2 games.

Rox have won 3.

9. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

I'm worried about the first quarter of Game 6. How we come out will determine how well we do.

If we come out mediocre, we'll need a good 3rd quarter.

If we come out firing, we have a better chance.

It all boils down to the mentality of our players when that ball goes in the air.

10. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Utah fans would strongly argue your theory.

Evan

11. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

i agree utah has played well in all five games. even when they lose, they are always in the game, but when we lose we are blown out. utah is a consistently good team they will keep playing that way in games 6 and 7, and i have a feeling we'll be blown out again in game 6.

12. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

plus our biggest lead this series was 14 in game 1, and the jazz's biggest lead was 25 in game 4. even with our wins, we certainly looked beatable at home, but in utah the jazz look like champions.

13. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

They didn't play so good in game 3 IMO, we just played much worse. Heck, they only scored 81 points.

14. Barkley

Barkley Member

So we are better, because if we played not a great basketbal but we still won 3 games that mean Utah is too weak. (Joke)
    I know Utah is a hadr team they have a lot of good players
    But after game 5 i hope we will contiue our great performances and we close the series in 6 games

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Solid,

Are you gay? If you don't answer in the next 24 hours we will know it is true.

;)

DD

16. anitasri

anitasri Member

This was not going to be an easy match up even before the first whistle blew. This will come down to the differential between our bench and their bench- if it is less than 10 we will. If it is like game 3 then we lose!

Hopefully juwan and luther show up and Matt Harpring is contained. I think the game six will be as good as game 5.

17. wrestler4life

wrestler4life Member

I think that if our defense shows up then we will do alright. We need the intensity from all of the other players other than Yao and TMac. Of course, going .500 from the 3 point arc can't hurt either.

18. ThaShark316_28

DD what up homeboy...I seen you on the Jazz board yesterday...lol

but yeah...Utah played a bad game 1...decent gm 2, bad gm 3, excellent game 4, and pretty good gm 5...

Rockets....gm 1 was bad, gm 2 was bad, gms 3 and 4 were terrible...gm 5 was excellent....

So yeah, I think Utah is DUE...but to say they played good in ALL five games...is stretching.

19. SlamIt

SlamIt Member

I see, so you're saying we are so much better than they are since we still take 3-2 lead. I like it :D

SI

20. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

I don't think we've seen the Rockets best yet... so I say we've played well enough to win three. Utah has no chance if we get things hitting on all cylinders, though.

I expect the stepping up of the roleplayers in game 5 to make the Jazz respect those positions more in game 6, and this will free up Yao and Tracy to go off. I expect Yao to have a particularly big game, as he is due, but I really think that now Utah MUST feel they need to guard the perimeter better, and that can only mean a better game for Yao and probably TMAC offensively. Maybe they will dare them again, clamping down on the stars primarily, but I think they will move off just a bit... and they haven't seen us go off like that yet.

Looking forward to it. Win win scenario, if we win, awesome. If we lose, (man I hope not) but if we do, I have tickets to see an awesome game seven.

GO ROCKETS! Let my next home game be against a different (tired from a seven game series) opponent! Buy yourselves an extra day to rest after this brawl of a series by taking it to them in Utah!