1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

This is the playoffs!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by B.I.G, Apr 29, 2007.

1. B.I.G

B.I.G Member

Now I am not saying we did not play poorly over the last two games, but this is the playoffs the defense was better and we have not yet adjusted. All either team has done to this point is hold serve. You guys saw the way the Jazz played here in games one and two that is why you go get HCA. I think some home cooking is all our guys need right now.

We would have loved to get one of those games, but we are not a team greatly favored to win so just because we lose on the other teams court is no reason to hit the panic button. If we can come in their and dominate game five, which we are capable of, our Rox will still be in the driver's seat.

2. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Ummm. yeah we saw how the jazz played over here. We got outplayed for most of Game 1 and Game 2...a great team can win on the road too. we cant rely on this homecourt BS. i can understand why ppl think it's jazz in 6 now. there are no indications that the rockets will rebound better, D up, or have the bench show up. i'd be suprised if we won this series if we play like we did in games 1-4

3. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

and i agree. THIS IS THE PLAYOFFS! Has anyone told our bench that? Obviously tracy knows it's the playoffs. "It's On Me"....yet he takes it to the basket twice in game 4....and he's yet to abuse DEREK FISHER...we like to talk about how Dirk couldnt take Rybo.....how about fisher and tmac. i know they've been switching ak on tmac, but it tmac abusing fisher has not even been noticeable except when dfish picked up 2 fouls on back to back plays in the 2nd half last night

4. B.I.G

B.I.G Member

I am sorry, but you are wrong a good team can't just win on the road. A good team playing a bad team can win on the road. Why can't everyone just wait to see what happens in game five before they start whining like a two year old who got his sucker taken away. The worst part of the sports world is the unbelievable pesimist. After game two everyone is saying, T-mac is king he just scored 31pts with 10rpg we will roll. Then two games later we have 10,000 people curled up in the fetal position. I am not defending the way anyone played, but I am saying you cannot overreact and say T-Mac is a shmuck and then after he goes off in game five start a T-mac for president fan club.

5. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

we've shot a worse shooting percentage than the jazz in every game we've played. like yao said himself, the jazz had chances to win on our court but we have no chances at all to win on theirs. if we want to be good we have to win on the road. i dont even care if we make it past the jazz we'll just get swept in the 2nd round.

6. lazybum234

lazybum234 Member

Rocket King JVG: You bring shots that always fall and overly physical defense to my city! You mock my stars T-mac and Yao! You threaten my people with endless picks and rolls!
    Messenger Sloan: This is blasphemy! This is madness!
    Rocket King JVG: Madness? THIS IS THE PLAYOFFS!

7. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Do not give up now man- we can beat Utah. It will be inspirational to see the Rockets pull together here and win - and win the series and gain confidence for the next round.

Go Rockets!!!!

We believe!!!!