1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marc Jackson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Doc Rocket, Oct 16, 2001.

1. Doc Rocket

Doc Rocket Contributing Member

Here's my take - the Warriors were EXTREMELY smart by matching the offer. Think about it and reread the Warriors Fans posts. Why in the world would they let him go? Why let him walk for nothing? Granted, I REALLY wanted to see MJ become a Rocket, but GSW has to think about GSW not the well-being of the HR and the CC.NET BBS! I don't mean to sound harsh but that's a fact. GSW owes us nothing.

If you're GSW, why not resign MJ, play him throughout the pre-season with all the other guys, see who excels and then evaluate your trade situation. Or, GSW can decide we're going HACK A SHAQ ALL YEAR LONG!!!

Either way, they win - we lose...in this situation. At the end of the year, well....we'll see!! :D

We gave it a shot and we lost, no big deal. But please, don't think that GSW OWES us anything. Those fans are trying to win just like us.

Round 1 - WARRIORS

Round 2 - ________

:D

2. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

The problem I have though Doc is that it is yet ANOTHER contract on their payroll and they're trying to move other contracts. If they can't move them now, why would people take them later? What is our chances of getting Mason, or trading for a big man? Toronto is considering trading Clark back to Denver, so says ESPN.

3. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Doc, what will be round 2?? Is it the season or what?

4. drpepper

drpepper Member

IMO, I think CD should call St.Jean and advise him to somehow have MJ fail the physical, and in the future we make a trade to benefit them in some manner. Something like Sura for Walt before the trade deadline. That way it doesn't look obvious. Well, hopefully. ;)