1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cato's injury - serious?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TedRuxpin, Oct 16, 2001.

Tags:
  1. TedRuxpin

TedRuxpin Member

I read that Cato fell on his wrist, and he came back with it taped. Is this a serios injury? I hope not, for we don't have any centers (except for Collier) doh.

2. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Guess not. He evidentally came back in the game again to play.

You know, if Cato even keeps up his level of play into the regular season, I'm afraid he's going to injure himself again.

3. The High Plains Drifter

Cato really could have gotten hurt on that play - the hold building just about shook when he hit the deck. I think he was okay though....

4. DaneB

DaneB Member

Hey Drifter, where were you sitting at the game? I was there too, about six rows up in the center.

5. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

Give Kelvin credit for coming back to play in that game. With his history of injuries over the past couple of years, it was nice to see him gut it up and play.

Finished with 10 boards too.

6. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Read my signature.

7. F.D. Khan

F.D. Khan Contributing Member

The Funniest was if you were watching FSN coverage, they showed Cato after he fell and you heard him clearly say
    "Man, I'm sick of this sh*t" hahah...and Bill Worrell just tried to cover it up....

8. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

He should be sick of getting knocked around. Get up off your ass and knock somebody else down Kelly...:mad:

9. #1CATOFAN

#1CATOFAN Member

I don't think that it was a serious injury. The old Cato may not have come back, but I applaude his effort to come back in the game. He showed a some heart with that move. In reply to his statement "I HATE THIS S---". I'm pretty sure he is. That was an offensive foul, and it wasn't called. I'm pretty sure he doesn't want any injuies, considering his past. I would be tired of getting injured too. Overall he did a good job, he just needs some fine tuning. Love his efforts!

10. The High Plains Drifter

I was sitting 3 rows up behind the Blazers bench and directly in front of Larsa Pippen...

11. AT

AT Member

What is the man sick of?

Playing Defense? Going up for a block? Getting steamrolled? Sucking?

We're in trouble without some help inside.

12. 3fingeredgus

3fingeredgus Member

That's why I call him Caty... :D

13. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Gee... It would sure be nice if we had someone who had some inside information on the Rockets health status...

You know, had something to do with the medical side of things...

Hmm....

:(

14. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I think that was in reference to getting hammered inside but not getting the call. Davis wiped him out pretty good on that play and still got the call. Cato was probably pissed because it hurt.

I was really impressed with the fact that he came back. It may seem like a little thing but, with Cato, it isn't.

15. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Not nice. Cato played hard, got respectable (albeit improvable) stats. 10 boards and another block -- although I swear he had more than 1. I know he changed a few shots.

If you watched the game, you'd know how hard he hit the ground. I'm surprised anybody would come back after that fall. It was nasty.

I can't beleive I'm saying these things. I suppose I'll have to change my sig now.

-krosfyah

16. Bull-Horn

Bull-Horn Member

Lets not get too excited about Cato yet. If he is sick of Sh$$ already he might be inclined to begin sucking all over again. Lets wait until the first 10 regular season games before inflating his oversized ego.....er, gut.:cool:

17. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'll second what Jeff said. Cato had every reason to be b****ing after that play. He went up alongside Davis to block Dale's layup, had good positioning and probably would have gotten the block too, but Dale completely cleared him out with his off arm, hitting Cato pretty hard. The ref apparently didn't see it, and called the foul on Cato. It was a good play, and Kelvin did everything he could and SHOULD have done, but he didn't get the call. The fact that he played hard afterwards instead of sulking says a lot about his attitude change.

18. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Cato sucks. His defense is very weak, the guy is lazy.

19. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

I guess he is tired of being acused of injury prone player.

20. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Kelvin "I'm tired of this $hit " . Now you know how we feel.:D ..
    SUCK IT UP !! And play SOME basketball. That's all were asking..