1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Toronto Star] Sam Mitchell to be named COY?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Storm Surge, Apr 23, 2007.

Tags:
  1. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

2. purplefever

purplefever Contributing Member

Which is why Colangelo is pretty much a lock for Executive of the Year. It was predicted by the other GMs even before the season began, so considering how it played out, I would be surprised if the runner up had even 20% of the support.

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I bet Rafer Alston loved hearing this news.

4. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I suppose I can live with Mitchell winning the award even though Avery Johnson was more deserving.

What i'm NOT okay with is Jerry Sloan receiving over twice as many votes as JVG. Utah's team improved by 10 games while Houston improved by 18. It's not even close. Not to mention, our injury problems and the fact that Utah has four All-Star or borderline All-Star players that played all season.

Nate McMillan's Portland team had an 11 game win increase this season yet he did not receive even one 1st, 2nd or 3rd place vote. Hell, Isiah almost received as many votes as Pop's Spurs team that won almost 60 games!

Honestly, who let's these people vote!?!? :eek:

5. Looogie

Looogie Member

^ Didn't you know that Isiah helped create, what could be, the greatest 33 win team ever?

It took a lot of skill as a coach to get the Knicks to that 33rd win. He deserved COY, easily.