1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HURRAY!!!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Vengeance, Oct 16, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

I woke up at 4:30 this morning to go down to Willowbrook Mall for the <a href="http://www.xppcentral.com/xpp/promotion.asp?p=2">AMD Athlon Extreme Performance Project</a>. After standing in the COLD (Houston's cold really sucks -- it's damp, humid cold that feels colder than it really is) for an hour and a half, I walked home with a brand new MSI motherboard and an Athlon 1800. WOOHOO!!

Any other cc.net-ers out there this morning?

2. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

At least you don't have to deal with the New Enlgand wind chills.

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Yeah, I'll take the 'cold' in Houston over the past 7 winters I've had to live through. You think the humidity makes it feel colder than it really is in Houston? You should see what the wind does in Chicago.

As for Willowbrook Mall's AMD thing, no.

4. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Wow. They were just giving them away??

DAMMIT.

Were there a lot of people?

5. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

At first, I thought you ran some marathon or something...then I clicked the link.

So the real question is..
    how good does NBA Live run on that stuff?

6. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

They were giving away 200 of them. There were a few thousand there. I was number 5515 . . . This is a big promotion for AMD, where they show up in a city at a place and time and date specified the night before. The truck pulls up, they give out tickets and then pick 200 numbers out of a box. If they pick your number, you get a new Athlon 1800 (1.53 Ghz), an MSI mobo and a Coolermaster HSF. I just went and bought 400 bucks of equipment to build me a new PC and it's gonna rock!

AMD Athlon XP 1800
    MSI Mobo on the Via KT266
    ThermalRight SK-6 Copper HSF 7000 RPM
    512 MB PC2100 Micron DDR RAM
    1 60 GB IBM ATA-100 7200RPM drive
    Geforce 2 Pro (had already)
    Enermax 465 Watt Power Supply

I can't wait until I finish work!