1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Xircom PC Card Question

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rockHEAD, Oct 15, 2001.

1. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

This may sound pretty basic, but if my Xircom RealPort CardBus Ethernet 10/100 +56K card is inserted into my laptop and the lights on the card don't come on, is it safe to assume that the card is not working?

It has worked in the past and all of sudden stopped.

I'm working on a PIII-750 Dell Latitude CPx running Win98se, like I said, the card has worked in the past. The computer is turned off and on as needed. I have re-installed all Xircom software but when I plug the card into the computer, the add new hardware window comes up and when i attempt to install drivers from the Xircom CD, it says it can't find proper drivers...and the add new hardware is attempting to install a generic PCI card?

Has anyone had similar problems with the same type card?
    Any help is appreciated.

rH