1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 4/21/2007 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Good win tonight considering we played a bit poor in my opinion. The law of averages worked its way into the equation and we played good d.

2. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

i didnt get to see much of the yao-tmac pick and roll that was so effective in the past it seems like tmac cant get the ball to yao off the roll as well anymore.

3. leonaly

leonaly New Member

yeah!!it's rocket rule,t-mac would be break out on time ,when we need.yao stabilize the team.

4. desertfire

desertfire Member

5. AstroMech

AstroMech Member

are the quotes up?

6. KAS13

KAS13 Contributing Member

Awesome! Idiots bashing Rafer tonight. I don't know what you watched (he didn't shoot well but hit a few huge 3's) but the dude almost had a triple double and played great defense on Williams and got the ball to Yao and TMac all night. Some people will never be satisfied. It's cool, we're up 1-0 and knowledgable bsketball fans will easily see Skip played a huge part in this win. People can continue to hate on him but it's becoming a personal agenda that has nothing to do with his play on the court.

7. thiuronium

thiuronium Member

Yao 28/13 W
    Shake 19/6 L
    D.Howard 13/19 L

Yao- best center of NBA :D

8. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

i'm on cloud nine...

i'm about to watch the game now to see what Walton had to say...im glad he got booed tonight

9. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Whats wrong with Mutombo he didn't even have a single rebound?

10. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Contributing Member

he never really played much but he had a sweet block i think on boozer.

11. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

He won't play a lot this series. He is too slow and he is horrible on the pick and roll.

12. Astockmarketgod

we won... thats all that matters...

next game we come out and play like we did today.... we will lose for sure...

I think Jazz will be shooting over 45% in game 2... if we can match and beat their intensity... win game 2... and I think we can sneek out a close 1 point game in Utah...

after that its game/series over...

13. rsnm

rsnm Member

The 1st half is ugly, but good rebounce of Tmac in 2nd half and good D in Qtr4 decide the game. We win the game although we play under out average.
    Jazz is a bit metally soft, esp. when Fisher missed that easy layup. Rox can win this series if we play on our normal level.

14. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

How many of you guys here really watched the game to make those comments about Tmac? It's understandable for the TV commentator to make those "observations" since they have spent so much TV time on the TMac's "statement", but I expect us the Rockets fan can do better than just follow the TV, or look at the stat sheets.

TMac only took 5 or 6 shots in the first half. Yes, he might have missed them all, but he was in control, making right passes, and many of them resulted with open shots. If you watch the game carefully, you'd see that Tmac didn't play much differently between first and second half. His shots mainly came from the outside jumps, the difference is that he made the shots in the 2nd, so he kept shooting, while in the first, he didn't force it when the shots were not falling form him.

Please watch the game, not just look at the stat sheet before making your comment. :cool:

#1474 daoshi, Apr 22, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
  15. huynhct

huynhct Member

tmac didnt make any shots in the 1st half, he split a set of freethrows

16. rua2006

rua2006 Member

Yeah, Tracy was the reason we had the lead after the 1st, basically. The entire offense ran through him; he had 5 assists, I believe. That 3rd quarter, you could tell the basket was as big as Greenland for him.

17. GreatRox

GreatRox Member

Mehmet Okur, Jazz
    84-75 loss at Rockets
    2-14 FG, 0-2 FT 6 pts

Carlos Boozer, Jazz
    84-75 loss at Rockets
    4-17 FG, 3-6 FT, 6 pts

Vince Carter, Nets
    96-91 win at Raptors
    5-19 FG, 1-3 3-pt FG, 5-8 FT 16 pts

2 of them are jazz players... that's just lame.

18. LAYGO

LAYGO Contributing Member

TMac I think.

19. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

He wont play a lot in this series, because he cant guard to far from the basket, like okur or boozer, thats why in the end of the game while yao was resting JVG put hayes and howard on the court, those two can paly defense outside the paint.

20. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

I see your a math major. :D