1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We're about to feel a renewed hatred for all things Jazz

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Turbo, Apr 18, 2007.

1. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

I don't have the hatred for the Jazz. Buttface McDirtyplayer is no longer there being a schmuck and kneeing Hakeem in the groin. I don't hold grudges (except against the braves and cowboys. May God strike those teams forever in mediocrity).

2. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

Just to refresh the memories.... (It's still painful when though I was like in 4th grade when I was watching this. It was the closest I have ever gotten to crying without any physical pain when I was a kid. That was such a sad day.... Then came the 98-99 playoffs when Barkley was clearly fouled on the last play but it was no call and we lost 3-1.... Another sad day!):

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jcVzcPOP0Sw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jcVzcPOP0Sw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

3. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

"renewed strong dislike" :mad: :cool: :D

4. RocketsFanSam

RocketsFanSam Contributing Member

I hope they burn..

5. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

The bear hug was on both clyde and matt maloney, which is why barkley went out to contest the shot but got there too late

6. egierczy

egierczy Contributing Member

ditto

7. desertfire

desertfire Member

You know it killed me when Stockton hit that shot, but I don't feel a connection of revenge between this series and that one. Like Malone said in the post game interview, "it felt good to beat them here, because they knocked us out a couple of times." That one shot didn't even even the score for the Jazz against the Rockets. Plus, the simple fact is we won two championships and they won none. So, let's not give them too much satisfaction over the shot.

This is a new series and new era. It's going to be fun!