1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 4/11/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 11, 2007.

1. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

There's a difference between a bad shooting night and a "not" shooting night. He took 3 shots and made 1 from 3 pt range.

2. tang0

tang0 Member

Are you kidding. This is the NBA. No one can relax no matter how many points you are up. I am sick of trigger happy rockets who will try to take opportunity to bump up their stats every time we are up a sizable margin instead of sticking to what got us there in the first place. Rafer and Head will shoot on every possession they get their hands on and Yao will hardly even see the ball.

That's why Rafer and Head look forward to play the Suns because they will use the excuse of not being able to pass to Yao as he is double teamed to jack up as many 3 pointers as they can. Remember the 35 3 poniters by the rockets in the first encounter with the Suns?

3. Barkley

Barkley Member

OK, that is right. I think he should post up and take the bal the the basket, not only shoots the 3.

4. deon200

deon200 Member

Wow, if the playoffs started today, it would be a great playoffs scenario for the Rockets.

- Rox gained the homecourt.
    - Warriors had the best chance to bully Mavs.
    - And the Lakers would give the Suns a hard time.

Nice to see high seeders were scared to death in the first round.
    I hate the Mavs (still remembering the 95 playoffs). Wish them having a milestone season record and a first round loss celebration.

5. 99bb

99bb Member

I will be very glad if they did. In fact, our bench only contributed 7 pts. :mad:

6. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

All of which were from Luther, I think :p

Mutumbo and Juwan are back to their senior forms

7. Barkley

Barkley Member

I hate Mavs too. Golden state have to kick their asses

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

i think they just play better as starters. i hope it doesn't hurt their trade stock too much.

9. Queeni

Queeni Contributing Member

Exactly. Too bad JVG just didn't do it and it is too late. Rockets don't look like and is not a championship contender now. It will not be unexpected if Rockets only pass first round or two.

10. lovemtracy

lovemtracy Member

Ugly 4th quarter. The Rockets sucks in this quarter. Neverthless, this win makes Roxs closer to the home court advantage, leading Jazz 1.5 games.
    Wish injuries stay away from dear tmac.

11. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

12. deon200

deon200 Member

I know why the Jazz are losing like crazy, cuz they like the city of Houston a lot, but why are the Lakers?

My guess is that Phil Jackson is thinking that they have no chance to eliminate the Spurs. On the other hand, they could possibly get a revenge on the Suns. Phil is always a playoffs-first coach.

13. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Nice win despite the dreadfully painful-to-watch 4th quarter.

I tell you what, I like that Outlaw kid from Portland. He's come a long way since getting drafted straight out of high school. He's freakin HUGE with those long lanky arms and freakish athleticism. I would be amazed if he wasn't easily top 5 in vertical jumps in the entire league. Now all of a sudden he's developed a nice perimeter game and pretty sweet looking jumper.

Where did all of this come from? He's a free agent too. Definitely a player worth keeping an eye on despite his seemingly lack of an NBA position. He kind of reminds of what Rudy Gay has shown me so far. One of those 6'9" 210-220 lb-ish extremely long and versatile athletes with rail thin frames that prefer the mid-range game and operating from the perimeter. Both have a ton of upside and could easily grow into lockdown defenders someday. 22-years-old and been in the league for 4 years already, by the way.

#753 baller4life315, Apr 12, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2007
  14. longliverox

longliverox Member

Damn, I do hope JVG pack and walk next year. He has lead Rox have a beautiful season this year, but I just dont like the way he coached the team, and he's selfish. He sacrifices the future of Rox by not playing our rookies, Vspan, Novak. Bonzi is a good player, but JVG just screwed him up and kick him away. The only reason he's not playing our rookies is because this is the last season he has and he cant afford and is afraid to lose games. He did all this for his contract and popularity.

15. deon200

deon200 Member

Good point! The relationship between players and the coach is very important. JVG certainly doesn't gain cheers from the rookies this year.

16. SuperYanthrax

SuperYanthrax Member

The enthusiastic support of Yao and T-Mac >>>>> support from random scrub rookies

17. pppbigppp

pppbigppp Member

Another perfect night

Utah loss
    Rox won

and Dallas lost to Vancouver (playoff Hockey, 4th OT)

18. MightySparrow

MightySparrow Member

LOL...i live in Vancouver,and its still a bit unbelievable to watch through 140mins hockey ..anyway.anything related to Dallas,me the first one to be against..

19. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

AGREED!!

20. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

I'm really impressed with Portland's young talent. Outlaw, Roy, and Jones area all very aggressive and effective. I am not a fan of Steve Patterson form old Rockets days- but he and his scouts have really done a good job in Portland.