1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm concerned about the 4th quarter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BrieflySpeaking, Apr 11, 2007.

1. WNBA

WNBA Member

oh, yeah, a win is a win. it is always good for winning, even losing 20 point lead to a worst game's bench. it is a win. "we will try to improve in next game"------Yao. :rolleyes:

2. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

WHAT?!!! Where did you get that quote? There is NO WAY Yao would just outright say that. I don't even think Yao thinks that way, he seems to be the eternal optimist.

If he did say that, then I am deeply disappointed in him...

3. RedRaiderRocket

I am going to have to place most of the blame on Yao on this. And before I get attacked by the YOF, I am not a Yao hater. During the first 3 quarters if he can avoid staying out of foul trouble there is nobody in the league that is more dominating then him outside of Kobe. Yao needs to take over at the beggining of the 4th quarter and T-mac needs to take over late in first and early 2nd q. If none of these guys can't get any rest without giving up 10-0 runs, the Rockets are going anywhere in the playoffs. We were fortunate today we were playing the injury plagued Trailblazers without Aldridge or Randolph otherwise we would have probably lost this game. Yao needs to get good position and teammates need to find him the ball. If Yao is running low on fuel then slow things down more, milk more of the clock, when we have a double digit lead.

4. Astockmarketgod

^ I keep saying the same thing over and over... our stars are sucking wind at the end of the game because of heavy minutes...

if every player could play a full game we would not need a bench would we...

the Utah Jazz game was a telling factor when the Utah Jazz starters were stinking it up...

the Jazz had like one starter left on court and the rest bench players.. for a good portions of the 3rd and 4th quarters...

5. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

BTW - how come JVG didn't play Snyder today?

6. SuperYanthrax

SuperYanthrax Member

BTW - if they force feed the ball to McGrady playing like he did the last game against Utah, shooting 9/23 and getting owned by Derek Fisher and Gordan Giricek, the Rockets will be SWEPT.

If you think Yao Ming's jumper sucks, McGrady's jumper is a worthless piece of trash.

7. Rockets64

Rockets64 Member

Wow... again? So no Bonzi, no Snyder, meaning Head will get much more playing time. This will help our offense, but hurt our defense. One of the reasons they came back in the 4th is because we had Alston and Head out there at the same time.

8. demon77

demon77 Member

I think for the pass few years, its always yao that help Rox to a good lead or hold onto the lead, while T-mac finish.

If you guy want Yao to dominate in the 4th, he need his rest during the first half or the 3rd.

9. Astockmarketgod

no Yao needs rest at the end of the 3rd... and beggining of the 4th...

you all need to watch it closely..

last year JVG would give Yao rest around 4 mins left in the 3rd...

and then 4 mins into the 4th...

this year I have seen 2 mins left in the 3rd and then 2 mins into the 4th

sometimes no rest in 4th... that is big chunk of minutes to take away...

all I got to say is Yao dominates the 1st 3 quarters...Tmac needs to take over in the 4th...

10. WNBA

WNBA Member

in the 4th:

TMAC 2/4, including a 3.

Yao 1/5. including a 3-missing-streak, why does he have to shoot turn around jumpers all the way to death? Yes , he is soft, but can he pass? :confused:

11. fredthered

fredthered Member

This is mostly that we relly on hustle and intensity to be effective, esspecially on defense. Sometimes its hard to motivate yourself with a 20 point lead in a desserted arena against a terrible team...However, this shouldnt be an issue in the playoffs as there is a built in sense of urgency that this stage of the regular season does not have for us.

12. fredthered

fredthered Member

Just the opposite. Teams play fewer players in the playoffs, not more. I would be surprised if anyone other then Head, Juwon and Deke see consistant minutes in the playoffs unless there is an obvious matchup problem/advantage with Snyder or JLIII. Look at Pheonix who basically plays 6 guys, maybe 7, yet has gotten to the WCF two straigh years.

13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

yao plays 34 minutes a game. he doesn't need more rest, he needs to continue to get back into the shape he was in pre-injury. his minutes in the playoffs should and will be increased.

14. SuperYanthrax

SuperYanthrax Member

Wow, you are a YOH. McGrady shot 10/25. That's 40%, and that SUCKS. His shot was not good today, yet he kept jacking them up. That's what superstars do, they shoot themselves out of their slumps.

Yao is soft for shooting a few jumpers??? Then what is Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett, both of which shoot more jumpers percentage wise? Ubersoft?

No one ever tells McGrady to stop shooting, even on days when he should, and we've seen plenty of those this season.

I wonder how you're dealing with the fact that Yao is the F*CKING BEST CENTER IN THE NBA. It seems you're still in denial. I wonder how the hell you're still a Rockets fan after hating Yao for 5 years.

15. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

dude stop confusing people with facts... :)

16. roxfan123

roxfan123 Member

What you don't understand is, this Rockets team relies on Yao more than ever, the minute he steps down, our offense hit a hard break even with Tmac on the floor. You may argue Tmac did just fine when Yao went down, but he is the kind of guy who needs the ball all the time to be really effective. Just look at the +/- when Yao goes in and out, so my suggestion is, live with the Yao you get.

17. SuperYanthrax

SuperYanthrax Member

It's hard to reason with YOH's....

18. demon77

demon77 Member

pass to who? T-mac was out.

yao may have went 1-5, but he got to the FT line 8 times.

19. fredthered

fredthered Member

Tmac is around 42-43% for his career...also, its not his fault that no one on the team can create a shot, leading to him having to shoot over people. By the way, he scored 32 points had 7 assists, 3 steals and 7 rebounds, and you are criticizing him?

20. SuperYanthrax

SuperYanthrax Member

No, I'm responding to the ridiculous claims of WNBA, by applying the same argument to McGrady, finding the result ridiculous, and thus rendering his claims about Yao ridiculous. My intent is not to bash McGrady, he played very well, but WNBA is blatantly a YOH.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_absurdum