1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 4/11/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 11, 2007.

1. ikfit

ikfit Member

Do you remember last year? Chuck played for us just few days, and we fans say he will be good for team and is what we need but jeff let him play really short time and don't give him a contract. LH is another story, cuz he has no choice and it also showed a rooki can develop to a good player.

If Jeff play vspan and Novak a little bit more and let them learn from their mistakes. I think we will be a much better and deep team.

2. SuperYanthrax

SuperYanthrax Member

Other than the fact that it is FALSE, because the Rockets DID try to get Brandon Roy first, and then fell back to the Battier trade?

3. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

Our bench only scored 13 points. We need more bench scoring. Where is Snyder?

4. therox3

therox3 Member

this is from the chronicle.

"They even added a new concern when Portland rookie Brandon Roy, diving for a loose ball, fell into McGrady's left knee in the last minute. McGrady did not return, but trainer Keith Jones said the knee was "fine.""

5. Barkley

Barkley Member

T-Mac's fine. DOn't worry

6. roxfan123

roxfan123 Member

That is why you need to develop some depth... JHoward and Deke aren't gonna develop anymore. All in all, playing the rookies probably benefit the team more than playing JH and Deke given both would not contribute that much that would alter the result of the game. We do have a 25 point cushion right?

7. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Tracy was standing and walking around on his own just before the end of the game. He is fine.

8. NothingButNet

NothingButNet Member

This kind of win disgusts me. Right now this team can't even match up the intensity with the 04-05 team. This game provides another evidence that this team is not a championship contender yet. JVG and the players have spoken to the media numerous times that they have realized the problem and would play the game to a better level, yet they failed in almost every game played in April, regardless win or loss.

I wonder if they are talking BS because as a fan I feel cheated and robbed of my devotion of time, energy and feeling. If the Rockets can't accomplish what they said, please shut up and be a underdog. Until I see the day the team play at the level they are supposed to play, I do not hold high hope for them in the playoffs.

Rockets, needn't I remind you that Jazz are nearly a depleted team. The timing of advancing to the 2nd round of the playoffs is golden. Don't waste the opportiny or this whole team will be laughing stock in the near future.

9. dotory

dotory New Member

Are you sure?
    where do you learn that?

10. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Relax....we were up by 25 and players tend to ease up when they're up. :rolleyes:

11. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

even better! no one cares what many others believe! as stated above, they would be wrong!

Go Rockets!

12. Barkley

Barkley Member

Keith Jones said that his knee is fine, and when I was watching the game Bill Worrell said that tracy told that he is fine. After that he was walking normally

13. hooroo

hooroo Member

snyder has hardly been a scorer this season.

14. bratna8

bratna8 Member

From The Associated Press

Roy fell on McGrady’s legs with 58.8 seconds left. After spending some time on the floor, McGrady rose and walked gingerly on the sidelines. He was standing with his teammates as the clock wound down.
    With his left knee wrapped in ice after the game, McGrady said he was not seriously injured.
    ‘‘It’s a little sore, nothing’s torn,’’ McGrady said. ‘‘I’m sure I’ll feel better, it’s nothing to worry about.’’

15. Barkley

Barkley Member

I said "Don't worry" :D

16. bratna8

bratna8 Member

It's for everyone else who was worried about TMAC

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

True. I'm more concerned with the low scoring from Battier and Howard.

18. Barkley

Barkley Member

Battier another bad shooting night, but for Juwan it's now normal..

19. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Man, winning the way we did tonight makes me feel that if we find a way past Utah, Dallas is gonna beat our asses like we stole something.

20. bratna8

bratna8 Member

That's if Dallas gets by Golden State :D :D :D