1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you want jvg as your coach next year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocket3forlife2, Apr 9, 2007.

1. rocket3forlife2

JVG has made fewer mistakes this year then previous years and he proved that in the last Lakers game when he fouled kwame brown. Even though we got burned by a long rebound to the the best player in the world today for a 3 pointer that probably only he could hit, it was a good call. I love the way Jeff prepares his team mentally and for the first time in a long time we have an identity and everyone on the roster believes in it. They no if they don't play defense then they are out the game, there held accountable for there mistakes, and there are no excuses like Rudy T use to make after every game.....have anybody else noticed jvg changing for the better besides me? There are allot of points I missed, but I will let you post them.

We are running more rafer is pushing the ball, but he is not a good finisher.

Timeout secletion is pretty good which stops momentum of the other team.

Better in game adjustmens this year then previous years.

I think he says the right thing to his players when we need too.

He has the players respect

The players believe in thereselves and there very supportive of each other(look at the bench doing games)

Players have tried to buck the system, but no matter what they try they can’t break jvg.

We are respceted around the league for jvg’s defense

2. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

I don't see anything wrong with him. Keep him. Please let this be the last of the JVG threads.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The answer depends on who would replace JVG...

4. Rockets64

Rockets64 Member

What's the point of asking this now? Wait to see what happens in the playoffs, then make threads like these.

5. lastopsuburb

lastopsuburb Member

Maybe. Only if there is a better coach avaliable... DIDNT PHILL JACKSON WANT TO COACH US ;)

6. YugoRocketsFan

Rick Carlisle baby.

7. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

i wish i could vote "no" more than once

8. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Only there is one better available, which I just don't see. I won't mind kicking him out if we can get Phil or Pop.

9. SuperYanthrax

SuperYanthrax Member

Turns out the JVG haters are simply a loud minority, rather than a majority. Of course this doesn't make them any less loud, but still it's a comforting feeling that most fans of the Rockets can support their coach when he has successfully dealt with injuries to his two best players and has his team in position for the de facto #4 seed and HCA in the first round.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Your 3rd choice should have been undecided. Hardly anyone will choose #3.

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

20-12 without Yao Ming. He comes back next season.

12. kentcopper

kentcopper Member

I will select JVG next season!

13. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Wow. Da Dakota voted 28 times...

14. ikfit

ikfit Member

I'd glad to see we hire his brother: S.G. :D I think his O is better than JVG and he knows how to develop players.

15. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Hell, yes.

If the internet had been around in 94, folks like DaDakota and luffy would have led the charge to fire Rudy for not playing Chris Jent more.

If the Rockets win a championship under JVG, these guys are banned from celebrating.

16. Tommy

Tommy Member

definitely he's doing great

17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

He is a keeper. He just needs to work on developing young players, having a more flexible rotation and continue to add depth to the team so that we rely less on mac and ming to win and so that they can coast thru the season like the spurs and turn it on in March and April.

I fear that by replacing JVG,(which I don't want to do,b/c it is up to me :D ) our offense may improve, but our defense could suffer dramatically.

18. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Huh? When did this happen or do you just have bad grammar?

19. rocket3forlife2

Honestly this tread was just too prove a point...somebody off the forum was on other forums telling people jvg was horrible and 80% of the people in houston wanted him gone, but I knew that couldn't be true.

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If you created the thread after a loss instead of after a win, you'd probably have gotten different results.