1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[VIDEO] Houston Rockets: No Surrender

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ClutchCityReturns, Apr 8, 2007.

1. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

thanks, the high quality version is nice.

2. sykingbear

sykingbear Member

Exellent video!! Great job!!!

3. MightySparrow

MightySparrow Member

dude.you just make me the happiest day of the week.

4. B.I.G

B.I.G Member

A little overdone at the start but over all a great job. Thanks!

5. chengyaoji

chengyaoji Member

very impressive

6. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Awesome video and music, great job!

One bit of feedback though, I've always loved when highlights reels like this are supplemented with actual game broadcast footage, the music gets turned down to maybe 50% and you could have Bill Worrell get excited about a great play and the crowd and PA announcer goin crazy in real time, etc., then you would switch back to the music at 100% and all the slow-mo stuff, so on and so forth...

That always gives me goosebumps cause it takes me back to where I was when the actual play happened...

Maybe try it on your next mix!

7. Chopped

Chopped Member

AHHHHHHHH I HATE YOU i was going to use the same song in my mix :( but i couldn't find the name to it, mind letting me know what its called?(the song played when the child returns to sparta after being sent out)

8. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

dude nice job on the video! How do you get time to make videos like this? Anyways keep up the good work. I am going to download the HQ version because i know what a difference it makes.Thanks

9. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I know, I know...you make a great point. It's actually already been requested and I started to make changes to the video almost immediately after I released it last night lol. Voice overs from Worrell are going to be one of the bigger changes.

smoothie, I definitely should have used "Prepare For Glory". I had so much trouble coming up with a name for it that didn't sound tooooo corny but still tied into the 300 theme somewhat. Honestly that's what held the release up for a couple of days. Maybe I'll change the name as one of the edits...hmm...

Rocketfire, I don't have time for making something like this lol. I put about 70 hours of work into it the past couple of weeks, and I have a 9 to 5 job, so I was basically running on empty, getting about 3 hours of sleep a night. I actually ended up explaining the situation to one of my coworkers because she asked why I was always so tired lately.

I don't remember who asked me, but the software I used is called Sony Vegas 6.0.

Again, I'm making some changes to the video and will release a 2nd edition, or Director's Cut, or whatever you want to call it, sometime between now and the playoffs.

10. dannysaur

dannysaur Member

Great vid! I enjoyed the 7 minutes of viewing pleasure. T-Mac's post up pass between the defender's legs was sick!

11. ritou

ritou Contributing Member

Good job!

12. unodostres

unodostres Member

Video gave me a headache, i thought it was alright.

13. ClutchCityReturns

I'll take all the criticism you guys can dish out, as long as it's constructive, but saying it gave you a headache doesn't really tell me much. What about it did you not like?

14. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

#74 IROC it, Apr 9, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  15. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Aw you didn't put the Bonzi halfcourt shot.

16. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

Sounds like a plan. Luther's last 3 pointer against the Kings last night was a pretty good shot too. If you can't fit it into this video, maybe you can get it into your next one. Since you're thinking about adding some commentary, you might think about adding commentary for the charges that Battier & Hayes took, because non-Rockets fans wouldn't know that they are charges. Other than that, great job!

17. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

Would u change the song just for me? *u noe i lvoe u* XD

18. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

Where do I download the high quality video? :confused:

19. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member

I take back my earlier post...i really like the music now. But this would be my favorite video of all time if you could get rid of any scores, station identifcation logos, and ads from the clips...i realize that some are really great plays but for some reason thats like a pet peeve for me. Also, I'm not sure how voice overs would go with the music but on other mixes i think it really does add to the effect. Once you finish the final product I'm definetley going to post this on my facebook before the playoffs. Great job man.

20. ClutchCityReturns

Your requests are being taken care of my friend :D