1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 3/30/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 29, 2007.

1. herson713

herson713 Member

it was a great game by the roxs liked the fact that T mac took the ball to rim .. yao played very well got the game ball... About the second round if we get there. I think that the roxs need T-mac to take control of the game in 3rd and 4th quaters the Mavs can be beat I ll give the roxs a 30% chance of winning and forcing a game 7 .. I think the mavs are beatable if one player catches fire like starberry did last noght the knicks should of beat them .. Tmac did have a half like that vs the mavs without yao to help in the second half ..

2. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

One of the reasons I don't post and visit here as much are all the whiners, bandwagon fans and negative comments. It's really pathetic. support your team and quit tearing into rafer and JH every time they have a tough night. the rockets are posted as the 4th best team in the entire league by both major sports sights. what the hell more do you want given the hand we've been deal

the series aginst utah will be insane, just try and be a little more positive every time we go down by 5 points.

3. tsunami

tsunami Member

Kobe is self-centered, self-absorbed, selfish... and costing his team wins. Other than that he's a team player... lol.... just gimme my 50 points and I'll take my basketball and go home. :D

4. pacman

pacman Member

If you've watched him do that move early in his career , he really executed it well. He had a few moves then , and rarely got blocked on that fadeaway. Now that he has more moves he's forgotten his fundamentals. Maybe part of it is because they don't encourage him to dribble, but you have to dribble it hard to the defender before fading away sometimes Yao. Yao is solid enough to bang with the best of them. You're right , yao is not shaq , he's way better than shaq. Shaq is just a dunker, as they say, everyone can dunk not many can shoot like yao.

5. Coob5

Coob5 Member

T-Mac was off, he has been off as of late, I wish his shooting efficiency would go up. However I was impressed with him attacking the basket and get 16 FT attempts and hitting 15 of them, he did what he had to do to score.

6. ysong00

ysong00 Member

HAHAHAHA

7. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I was sorta surprised and disappointed that Mac didn't hit that game winner in regulation. Man that would have been sweet...but we won anyways...

8. max14

max14 Member

It's the lakers. we are supposed to beat them. Nothing special here.

9. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

That "midget" got 14 rebounds... 3 of them offensive giving you 3 extra offensive possessions where tmac or rafer could miss their outside jumper.

10. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I think as the game goes on it probably gets loose starts slipping and bothers him. That's why we keep see him jerking it off at the end of the game.

11. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

Great game! I am just dissappointed in JVG for keeping Battier on Phonie for the entire 2nd half and OT. Battier did a great job and contained him in the 3rd but in the 4th and OT he should have told t-mac to guard him. The time T-Mac guarded him, Kobe didn't do as well.

I was also happy to see t-mac hitting his free throws, especially those clutch 3 free throws. Props to Rafer for knocking down about 6 clutch free throws in the 4th and OT.

As many free throws as we got, we should have had more. The amount of grabbing and shoving walton, kobe, kwame get away with is ridiculous.

I'll take 30 pts and 10 assts and a W over 55 pts and 2 assts and a loss any day of the week! (that accounts for over 50 pts as well and makes your teammates part of the game). That's the thing that most phonie fans don't get, the guy is selfsish to no end. The Lakers were not running any semblence of an offense while Phonie was on the court. It was give him the ball and clear out. No triangle, no movement, no involvement from anyone else. I find it hilarious that phonie's defenders will say that his teammates suck. They seemed to be pretty good while he was on the bench and Odom was running the offense. The only way the Lakers will have a chance of being a great team some day is for Odom to get more of the ball and distribute. Hell, it would even make things easier for phonie.

Go ROCKETS!!!

12. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

lol are u kiddin me??!! :confused: -- This was a big test for the Rockets in my opinion... lets see Kobe is on a Hott streak with scoring and the lakers were at home.. the lakers are sittin at the 6th seed, im pretty shure they wanted to show they can beat a Power house like us.. not to mention that if they wouldnt of had injuries they would prob be closer to us in the standings... and it shows that we executed better down the stretch.. even with Tmac havin a bad night(shooting wise).. "IT TAKES FIVE"

THis was a BIG WIN!!! GOO ROX.. the 06-07 NBA CHAMPS... F' the MAVS SPURS AND SUNS

13. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

HuH? :eek: :eek: :eek:

14. AggieRocketFan96

Fans can support their team and still be dissappointed in players that are dissappointing. That's why there is a forum, a place that fans can exchange their opinions on their team, luckily Rockets fans have the best fansite around to do just that.

Speaking for myself, I've followed the Rockets religiously since the early 80s and the PG position has historically been an achilles heel for the Rockets minus some few exceptions. Rafer and JHo need to know their roles. If the Rox have any weaknesses, as many fans and critics alike can point out, its the quality and depth of the PG and PF positions. Hopefully our weaknesses won't be too exposed in the playoffs and our PGs and PFs will play out of their minds (Chuck Hayes increasingly impresses me the past few weeks) to get us deep in the the post-season.

And its been hard to be positive over the years with the many heartbreakers, big-lead collapses, PGs waving off TMAC, etc. I always find myself edge of the seat when watching a close Rockets game in the 4th qtr or overtime, that's the hand as a Rockets fan that I felt dealt with over the years.

15. kikimama

kikimama Member

way to take that out of context lol

16. AggieRocketFan96

Post game quotes by Kobe and Phil after the game.

"They deserved to win in regulation," Bryant said. "They won in overtime."

On the traveling call:
    "They can make that call any time of the day." -Kobe

"I think he did travel," Jackson said. "They made the correct call. But a lot of times they don't make that call in that situation.'

Link:
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/baske...y?coll=la-headlines-sports&ctrack=1&cset=true

17. Northside Moss

Bwahaha, proof that the NBA has no love for us.

Highlights of Kobe's 53 point game.

18. edtsui

edtsui Member

[​IMG]

I was extremely bored.

19. xiayun78

xiayun78 Member

I have been very impressed with this two-game L.A. trip from the Rockets. Yeah, they still have trouble maintaining the lead, but almost all teams do, especially on the road. Even as Lakers were making the run in the third and early fourth quarter, Rockets were pretty composed, and it took another insane effort from Kobe during a 5 minutes stretch for Lakers to come back and eventually take the lead in overtime. Yao was so smooth and dominant (except for a few late turnovers), getting deep position with much more ease now, and as a result, more foul troubles to opponents' big men. TMac didn't even have a good shooting night, nor was Rafer, but TMac attacked the basket and passed very well, and Rafer played smart. It just felt different from early in the season; it felt even when the outside shots weren't falling, we don't get away from the game plan and still keep pounding the ball inside and passing around and taking relatively open shots. To come away with a win like this, I'm really really happy.

The 4th seed after Sunday, here we come.

20. longrangesniper

Anyone catch this quote by tolbert during the game?

It went something like this....

"When Kobe has the ball, hes so good, he will either make it or miss it"