1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cricket World Cup

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by R0ckets03, Mar 14, 2007.

Tags:
  1. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

LOL! Anybody is free to make fun of India. I can take a joke.

Still haven't cancelled my tix due to the 1 in 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 chance Bermuda beat freakin Bangladesh.

2. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

3. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

Wow 400-1!!! 4 million!!!!! Wow!!!! But there is still a long way to go. I mean there is still more than a month of cricket to be played.

When I was working on the strip, this guy from NE came and bet 100,000 on the Pats (5-1) and 100,000 on the Packers (8-1) to win the SB before the season started. He came within 2 games of middleing the SB, but he still won his Pats bet.

4. Frodo

Frodo Contributing Member

it's going to happen... Bermuda WILL beat Bangladesh.

Believe!! :cool:

5. R0ckets03

That still doesn't change the fact that India SUX! :mad:

Does Tendulkar have any ballz? Does Dhoni actually know how to pick up a bat? Does anybody on India know the meaning of the word "fielding"?

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

Kiwis have a better chance of winning the cricket than rugby. All Blacks will choke again.

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Thanks for that. I'm cool with the ribbing, but calling Pakistan a terrorist country is ridiculus.

Good luck the rest of the tourney. May you lose the next time you face Pakistan.

Zindabad, Pakistan!

8. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I don't know, man. If the Indianapolis Colts and St. Louis Cardinals can get the monkey off their backs, then surely the All-Blacks have a shot in rugby. They have pretty much been the dominant rugby team in the world since the last world cup. In fact, if you look at the Tri-Nations, European tours and Bledisloe Cup results it hasn't even been close. Since I live in this rugby mad place I can't help but follow international rugby closely now and I just don't see any other squads who can take it this time. England, Australia and South Africa are all down from previous years. Maybe France can rise up on their home ground like they did in Soccer World Cup in 1998 (and unlike, erm, in 1940...), but who in the hell is going to beat the All-Blacks this year?

9. R0ckets03

4-0! Sux it!

10. daaum

daaum Member

no matter what happens to in the next game, bermuda vs bangladesh, this is the greatest thing that has happended to india cricket team since last world cup....we have been on down hill since last world cup, when we choked and i still remeber sachin, who got out in 4 balls i think.....we have four good, great player of india retiring and sad thing is they wont be leaving the greatest game with a highest medal :( :rolleyes: .....but they had their career's and one is considered to be on of greatest to play this game and he ranks among the great player of cricket....sachin, ganguly, rahul, and kumble will be missed....now it's rebuilding process, we have good group of guyz who are inexperinced right now, but could develop to be good batsman and bowlers....shewag, we know can be next sachin when he wants and play with stability. dhoni, who will have good strike rate through out his career, because of his mentality....he has mentality where he cannot sit for while, we call it "bholiyo" in gujurati...youvraj singh, he is a batsman that can be developed and will be stable and consistent. uttapa, young but like dhoni, if he gets it on, he will kill the other team. prathan, who is all-rounder, play all aspect of game good...he i think will one day make good leader for indian cricket team...and in bowler we have m.patel, i hope he is next srinath..srinath was my favorite player...patel has potential, he is big and long arms, which is good for bowlers.so now we have to replace 4 big time players and hopefully we will be ready for next year world cup....
    side note: 1)ICC will lose alot financially if india does not make it...i still have hope :p most viewers in world are in india and all the reservations that got cancelled

11. unodostres

unodostres Member

^^Cricket lives off of India. Thats 1 billion fans right there. Advertising and fans are all indian.

I might have got banned (for some reason my name stopped working) because i made a joke bout muslims so dont call pakistanis terrorists.