1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brendon Haywood---a starter on opening night??

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by gettinbranded, Oct 5, 2001.

1. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A8534-2001Oct4.html

I'll say this right now---the wizards players are going to be somewhat of a mirage for this season and next. Jordan makes everyone around him better. But this is...interesting....

2. DonKnutts

DonKnutts Contributing Member

Haywood may be the Wizards' "top center," but then again incumbent Jahidi White wouldn't be a starter on most NBA teams.

I think MJ may be giving Haywood some extra attention -- the Carolina connection. After all, he traded for him.

As a Wizards fan, I'm also interested to see if/how Jordan makes his teammates better. Perhaps Tyronn Lue can play the BJ Armstrong role, and hopefully Courtney Alexander can become MJ's pseudo-Pippen.

3. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Where does last year's leading scorer fit in to your plans?

(Richard Hamilton)

4. DonKnutts

DonKnutts Contributing Member

I think Hamilton is a good young player and has proven he can score consistently in the NBA. Also, when all the Wiz PG's went down last year, he stepped in at point and played it well.

However, I think Courtney Alexander has more potential to be a true star. At Hamilton's best, I look at him like Kerry Kittles -- smooth, streaky, and a decent scorer, but lacking the size/strength to be truly aggressive and bang on offense or defense. I think Alexander can.

I was actually hoping the Wiz would be able to trade Hamilton, but maybe it's best to keep him for a third year, since he did break through last season. Before all the Wiz went down with injuries, Hamilton was a great 6th man -- perhaps he can fill that role this season as well.

5. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

*sigh* I think the Wizards are getting tired of Steve posterizing White. :eek:

6. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I bet Jordan is regretting not trading White to the Rockets for Walt Williams and having both of their contracts off the books by next summer.