1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pistons @ Rockets 3/22/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 21, 2007.

1. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Close, low scoring game tonight 89 to 82 Rockets

Webber vs. Yao = Yao [Yao vs. Rasheed, push Rasheed plays great D]

Rasheed vs. Chuck = Rasheed

Prince vs. Battier = push

Hamilton vs. Tmac = Tmac who must outscore Hamilton by 10 to keep up with Billips killing Rafer in the post [however, who does Tmas d up Prince or Hamilton. Prince will post him up, which is good and keeps Yao around the rim and Hamilton will tire him out going around 86 screens]

Billups vs. Rafer = Billups, because his post up game like Tinsley's gives Rafer the fits on defense and kills his game on offense.

2. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Anyone have the word on Billups? Is he for sure in the Pistons lineup tonight?

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think the teams will score a good number of points....

Rockets 105
    Pistons 97

DD

4. FWG_Wani

FWG_Wani The Piston Plagiarist

This is the one time I can legitimately come on here and post. Piston fan here and the Rockets come crashing down to earth. Any team with McGrady will never get out of the first round so we know this is the last time we'll be seeing you this year :D

Pistons 98
    Rockets 93

5. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

So it's true that maggots do migrate south during the spring.

6. FWG_Wani

Are you comparing the Pacers to the Pistons? We sent the Pacers to the lottery and retired Reggie without a ring... At least the Pacers can get out of the first round :p Should be a good game

7. FWG_Wani

Just stating the facts JeopardE. It's all in fun. Haven't the Pistons owned the Rockets the last few years?

8. Hayesfan

I am a Pistons fan as well, but only because of my boy Tayshaun. The Rockets weren't at full strength at the the Palace (I was at the game)... Chuck wasn't playing! LOL

It was funny because I was wearing a UK t-shirt and people around me were like.. what's with the shirt. So I explained.. between the Rockets and the Pistons, at the time, there were four former UK players on the teams. Tay, Magloire, Scott Padgett (no longer a Rocket) and Chuck... sadly I only got to see three of the four get into the game because Chuck had taken down Shaq with his knee the week before.

May the best team (aka Rockets) win! :-D

9. Hayesfan

Brain malfunction.. I meant Nazi Mohammed, not Jamal.. yeesh! :)

10. FWG_Wani

Hate to break the news to ya, but no one blows out the Pistons

11. joeguo

joeguo Contributing Member

Really??? I thought Pistons lost to the Warriors by 32 points (79-111) on Nov 11 ?

12. FWG_Wani

That is so true ;)

13. ergo

ergo Member

Pistons.com preview of the matchup.
    http://www.nba.com/pistons/news/pistons_gameday.html

The skinny: Houston has been on a roll since getting Yao Ming back in the lineup nine games ago, going 7-2 over that time and scoring more than 100 points six times. The Rockets are sitting with the No. 5 seed in the Western Conference at 43-25, but their record against the top four teams in each conference is 8-12. The Rockets launch 23.4 3-point attempts a game and rank fifth in the league in 3-point accuracy at 37.5 percent. Offensively and defensively, they rank very similarly to the Pistons. Houston scores 96.5 points a game to Detroit’s 96.1. The Rockets give up 90.9 a game, second in the league, and the Pistons 91.7, third. In point differential, Houston ranks fourth and Detroit fifth.

What to watch: The last time these teams played, way back in November, the Pistons pulled away at the end by going small and throwing a number of different looks at Yao Ming to tire him and put him in foul trouble. Expect Flip Saunders to make great use of his frontcourt depth, letting Rasheed Wallace, Chris Webber, Antonio McDyess and Dale Davis all have a crack at Yao. The Pistons hope to get Chauncey Billups back after his two-game absence with a groin injury suffered last Friday at Phoenix. Rip Hamilton is also expected to play despite a thigh injury suffered in Tuesday’s win over Philadelphia.

14. justinh

justinh Member

rockets up big, late..........scrubs come in, we hang on to win by 16

15. baylorbear09

baylorbear09 Member

yeah so why don't you get your detroit lovin ass out of here

16. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

just saw in the paper that Chauncy will be playing...good, the victory will be that much sweeter..

17. Yaominator

Yaominator Member

I hope Webber will have an off night ;)

18. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

I think this game will be close but we will lose unless both Yao and Tmac both have good games

Watch the Pistons backcourt eat alive Alston and Head...

19. popear

popear Member

Pistons Rockets
    Record: 43 - 23 43 - 25
    At Home: 20 - 13 24 - 10
    On Road: 23 - 10 19 - 15
    PPG: 96.1 96.5
    OPP PPG: 91.7 90.9
    FG%: .452 .445
    OPP FG%: .443 .426
    RPG: 40.8 43.5
    OPP RPG: 40.7 41.0

similar?

20. FWG_Wani

Wow... so much animosity, I wouldn't expect that from Clutch's people. It's all in fun nothing personal :cool: