1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official?] Southland Conference Men's Basketball Tournament

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by weslinder, Mar 5, 2007.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yahoo still has it tied. F it, I'll just follow you guys PBP.

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Lamar with the basket and the foul with 1 second remaining to take the lead! Somehow I feel Sam Houston will still get a look at a 3...

EDIT: if gametracker is correct, PLEASE miss this free throw on purpose. Please.

3. The Cat

it's OVER!!! LAMAR WINS!!!! I'm in shock!

4. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

WHAT!?

If true, talk about what a heartbreaking way to lose.

5. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

cards take the lead with 1 second left.

on a lay up

6. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Congrats Lamar

:(

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I kind of had a feeling. Even when we took the lead, there was still too much time left for my liking. Oh, well. Congrats Lamar fans. Sounds like it was a helluva game.

Now, instead of going to the game tomorrow night, I have to actually spend time with my girlfriend. :mad:

8. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I'm sorry for not posting sooner, but I was at the game and then out celebrating. That was, without question, the best Lamar game I have seen this year. Other than Sam's bench players, just about everyone was playing their best game. Our side of the stands exploded when Hopkins made that lay-up. I and several of the people sitting around me had seen the beat-down in Huntsville, so that made it especially sweet.

Bearkat fans should have nothing to hang their head about. They had a great season, and they gave everything against a really motivated Lamar team. And it took a near miracle to for Lamar to win. Besides, Ryan Bright (who should have been conference player of the year) will be back next year. If he can find the weight room over the summer, he'll be even more scary.

9. weslinder

My one and only shot at rubbing it in to the Bearkat fans:

[​IMG]

James Barrett, You got owned.

10. The Cat

I still haven't gotten to see the play yet, but that seems like a really terrible defensive play on Barrett's part. Why not step out and try to contest the shot, instead of attempting to draw a charge? No ref is going to call it in that situation (well, except for the LSU-Tennessee game last night).

You going to the Northwestern State game tonight? Hope you bring some luck with you again... I'm dying for them to get to Sunday so I can watch on TV...

11. weslinder

I'm leaving work at 4 in Port Arthur and heading straight over. I'll make it whenever I make it, but I'll be there.

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I'll take my punishment now.